Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Re: Do you ever see a Skinner Express sight for a 45/70 Cowboy used for sale?

Look in our For Sale Forum sometimes they come up not often most keep them and buy more. LOL

·
Registered
754 Posts
Bump for a good post.
Inquiring minds want to know!
I am considering the Express sight for my 1976 Marlin also, would also like to hear if anyone has this sight for their Model 1895 and how much they like it. Please post if you don't mind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the sight and its a great looking sight. It shot close with the factory sight so it should work fine. I need to fine tune it and get used to a 405 grain bullet t 1800 fps.

Its quick to target and easily bests the factory buckhorn.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Cntrmass-did you fold your rear buckhorn sight down and leave it on, or remove it and put a slot blank in its place?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took it out and replaced it with a marbles filler. Very tight fit I should have made it a bit smaller.
I think it looks good though.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
I do on my 1894. I will eventually switch to skinner front sight. The bead works fine out till about 50 yards then it about covers a whole deer at 100yrds. It's a tad big but shows up nice in low light.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well, I bit the bullet so to speak and spent some of my paltry tax refund for a good cause-ordered the "Black Gold" Express Sight last night. I think I'll like the look of my 1895 better real soon. I'm curious as to how the front bead sight will work with it, like theArborBarber said. It currently has a Lyman side-mounted aperture sight that may work fine, but I don't care for the look of it. This Skinner sight looks great on the website.
I have a Low-Pro on my 1894C, and the Standard Skinner Rear peep on my 336. Need a little higher front sight for the 336 and I'll be good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts