Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my 1895 GDL from Buds Gun Shop. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to get a good one (that's pretty sad). I like the looks of this gun and plan to use it to go hog hunting. I'm hoping Remington has finally got their act together production wise. I will give feedback after I evaluate. :questionmark:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good Luck to ya HugoBoss. Some of the new ones I've been seeing are very nice rifles, others, well not so much. Kindof a coin toss buddy.
Troy, Thanks.....I'm hoping for the best. Pretty bad when you buy a product and don't know for sure what you'll get.

SemperFi...worked with MarCorSysCom in Quantico for 6 years.

Hugo

·
Registered
682 Posts
Troy, Thanks.....I'm hoping for the best. Pretty bad when you buy a product and don't know for sure what you'll get.

SemperFi...worked with MarCorSysCom in Quantico for 6 years.

Hugo
Well know this, if it isn't perfect Marlin/Remlin has a very good return policy. I had to send two Remlins back for repair and they paid for shipping both ways and did a great job at fixing them. They are both now just as good as a JM Marlin in my eyes. With any luck yours won't have to be sent back, the ones I had to send back were bought back in 2011.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Luckily, my local gun shop had a sale on that made the price just barely more than Bud's price a few weeks ago. I decided with the situation as it is. i would rather be able to examine any Marlin I bought.

The shop had 3 GS models. Two of the 3 had serious functional problems and the other had terrible wood but worked properly. I bought the functional one with the worst wood and am in the process of fixing it up myself.

I also examined some guns at Cabelas and have been present in the store where i bought mine and heard others voicing shock at the poor quality control and declining to buy... based on my experiences I wish you a lot of luck sir. I hope you get a good one.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Who would ever have thought that buying a Marlin would come to this? It is about the same odds getting a good one as buying the winning lottery ticket. eh

Reactions: HugoBoss

·
Registered
926 Posts
I'm going to order one from Buds this week. I be looked at several at LGS's
And most have been really nice. I've not seen any bad ones lately. My buddy
recently bought one from Buds and it is really nice and smooth.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to order one from Buds this week. I be looked at several at LGS's
And most have been really nice. I've not seen any bad ones lately. My buddy
recently bought one from Buds and it is really nice and smooth.
From what I've been reading lately the new ones seem to be better. Anyone else out there willing to admit they purchased or about to purchase a "Remlin". Please share your observations.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just bought a 1895g from Cabelas's. Functions pretty smooth , wood is so-so. Actually better than the last new JM 1894 I bought. When I finally get done shoveling snow I'll shoot it and post results.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I ordered a GBL from Bud's on the 21st and it shipped today with delivery scheduled for Friday. I intend to look it over carefully before accepting it. If it has any issues I'll just return it for credit on my CC. I'm keeping all finger and toes crossed!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Anxiously waiting to hear from both of you about your new rifles. Hope they are keepers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Buds has a real GOOD return policy Before you sign off on it at your FFL LOOK it over REAL GOOD if it,s sub par just have the FFL ship it back on Buds dime IF they have another in stock I know they will send the best one they have as a replacement I,ve bought a few Irons from Buds and always got a good product but I,ve read alot of horrer stories from others so maybe I just got lucky
Good Luck Happy Shootin
The DOGG!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looked at 4 new Marlins(Remlins) this last weekend 3-BL 30-30 and one 1895 GBL they all looked real nice and I almost bought one of the 30-30 BL and still might it was a real nice rifle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Buds has a real GOOD return policy Before you sign off on it at your FFL LOOK it over REAL GOOD if it,s sub par just have the FFL ship it back on Buds dime IF they have another in stock I know they will send the best one they have as a replacement I,ve bought a few Irons from Buds and always got a good product but I,ve read alot of horrer stories from others so maybe I just got lucky
Good Luck Happy Shootin
The DOGG!!!
I've ordered about 12 from them over the last 4 or 5 years without any issues, but it was never a Marlin. Do you know about the replacement policy from first hand experience, or did you just hear about it?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I bought a GBL last year and had some issues.I sent it back to Marlin and they fixed it the first time. Recently my LGS got in one of the " new " SBL's . Fit ,finish, and functioned smooth. It came home with me and it shoots great. Hopefully things are turning around.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
My SBL was fine and I bought that not all that long ago.
I saw 2 GBL's in the LGS yesterday and both looked good.
One was a bit slicker than the other.
Buds is good to deal with but they take a LONG time to get it out to you.
I ordered a shotgun for my wife and it took close to 3 weeks to get it!

I buy from Buds only when Davidsons or the LGS are not options.
Buds just takes too long to deliver.

·
Administrator
27,844 Posts
Hey HugoBoss, I really hope you get a good one, one you'll be proud to own and shoots great.

Jack

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've ordered about 12 from them over the last 4 or 5 years without any issues, but it was never a Marlin. Do you know about the replacement policy from first hand experience, or did you just hear about it?
I never have had to send one back -----But a friend of mine did He bought a Colt in 38 Super and the Slide had a nasty scratch in it so of course refused delivery and sent it Back Well to make A Long story short as possible My Friend IS A HOTHEAD and expected to give em as much grief as possible but low and behold they sent Him another Iron and It was better than Perfect so Take it for what it,s worth since then he,s bought a bunch from them and stands behind their service unconditionaly
DOGG!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts