Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Nice family. You are in good company here since most are looking for more.
I'm not looking for more. They're looking for me. I can't hide from them or run fast enough, they keep following me home.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Last month I stopped by a new, small, LGS that had opened up about a year ago. Hadn't been there before. I had just washed my truck and was taking it home to get ready to go to the airport and fly to Germany for a couple months. I didn't have much time to kill, maybe 30 minutes, and I WAS NOT GOING TO BUY ANYTHING.

The guys in the shop were typical, friendly people and welcomed me to the store so we talked awhile why I was looking at the rifles on the wall (a Marlin and a couple Winchesters). I noticed an older Marlin and asked about it. The young man replied "it's a 30-30".

Since I WAS NOT GOING TO BUY ANYTHING, I just thought "that's nice, but I really don't have time to get involved by asking to see it".

I turned away to scope out the handguns and the young man said behind me, "And this one is a Winchester 94 375".

I said "Excuse me?"

Well that's exactly what it was, an 1981 Winchester 94 Big Bore, 375 in mint condition, with a leather saddle scabbard and 4 original boxes of ammo (one of the boxes had 8 rounds out of it). It was in on consignment by the nephew of the original owner. The original owner had fired seven rounds out of it and put it in the safe. He left it to his nephew who fired it one time and decided "it kicked too much."

I walked out the door 15 minutes later $900 poorer thinking, "what just happened?"

Yep, you have just started traveling down a very steep and slippery slope. They are going to add up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.