Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy`s,

I just moved from Jamestown NY to Kingman AZ or should I say moved back to kingman AZ.Lived in Cloride AZ around 12 years ago and had to leave the area to make a living.but enough about my move.I have been here less than Two weeks and have hit all the pawn and gun shops and can`t belive my eyes.everything is way over priced.A 336A with birch stocks New is going for $340.00.The cheapest Winchester 94 pre-64 is $450 and most are over $500.
I found a cut up Enfield 1917 winchester going for $350.A used Remington 710 for the more than New price of $348.I can go on and on.But I won`t.I know prices are related to the area and all but 30-30 ammo is going for 12.00 to 15.00 bucks a box.there isn`t a pound of IMR 4350 for under 22.00.Have I just been spoiled with living in an economicaly depresed part of the country or is this more the norm.the only place I found good prices for reloading supplies is at the Cottonwood walmart which was a supprize

Thanks for dealing with my shock Just want to know if you think these prices are out of line

Riflemen10x

·
Registered
27 Posts
Everytime I travel I try to visit any good gun shop around. It makes going home even better. I will cry about prices back home until I see what they are n other states. NC isn't a bad place to live.
On my trips to Arizona I always envy you the way standard stores carry shooting supplies, but then I see the prices!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am trying to look on the brite side of things.My gun colection has doubled in price with just a move.I have found some good deals like a hardly used 35 Remington Lee factory crimp die for $5.50.I also found Winchester .223 Rem brass 100 a lot for $12.00.I bought all 500 casses for the prairy dog town thats 64 miles away.I hate to spend my money at Walmart and like to make friends at local gun shops but I just don`t have the cash to spend.I feel like I will be sending Midway some big orders.I also have to find an old friend that had a FLL 12 years ago and order my guns on line but I dought he still has it this was before clinton changed the laws.

I was picking up pre 64 94 for under $200 in good shape.Same for Marlin 336 my last find was a 1968 35 Rem for $225.at these prices it is going to put a dent in my shooting fun.

Riflemen10x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts