Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week after squirrel season ended up here I took the 25mn up to the shop for some self-promised trigger work. Over the prior weekend I got it back! What a sweet job they did - no more 9000 lb tank pull lawyer trigger. Although the factory springs are still there, from what I understood he used a set of stones in layers to take the creep out and drop the pull down to 2&1/2-3 lbs. I swear on a gallon of sweet bay-rays it's like shooting a new rifle :!:
Took the rig up to the range which is now semi-unburried from winter, and zeroed in w/2 clips. It actually only took a few rounds but I was overjoyed with how it shot so I had to make sure ;) Now I have shot with a marlin that had the basix replacement and I belive it to be a quality option, but I thought it was a little harry for my taste. $40. spent puts a whole new twist onto this years shooting plans.

To good shooting, & the hunt!

·
Registered
336 Posts
SquirrelSniper said:
Good stuff! I need to get the trigger on my 25MN done too.
Me too, NbS. Then if I can figure out how to replace the bolt handle with a lever, it would be perfect. :lol: :mrgreen:

G

·
Leverpuller said:
SquirrelSniper said:
Me too, NbS. Then if I can figure out how to replace the bolt handle with a lever, it would be perfect. :lol: :mrgreen:
Replacing it would be easy, but you'd still have to work it like a bolt! :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
trigger on 25mn

I had my trigger done too.My gun shoots like a dream compared to before.Who did your trigger in N.Y.? What didn't you like with the basix trigger/ I was thinking of getting one for a older Marlin .22mag I picked up the other day.It has a trigger from he!!.Just about every gun I buy gets a trigger job done.It makes a big difference.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Anonymous said:
Leverpuller said:
SquirrelSniper said:
Replacing it would be easy, but you'd still have to work it like a bolt! :lol:

A lever-handled bolt action, huh? Suddenly those Remington m700 have a new appeal. And they have a custom shop , too! :lol: :mrgreen:

G

·
I need to get my 25MN trigger done too. While I'm at it, that other modification sounds interesting. What's the part number for that lever bolt handle? :roll: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts