Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:questionmark:Hi Folks,
Xdraw here,
I just joined up the other day, don't know what took me so long, been browsing as a guest for a while looking various information, and usually found something.
I've asked in a few threads for info about safe factory loads for my 1889 32wcf from 1893. I haven't started reloading for this yet, and want to try it out with something I have on the shelf. I've got Ultramax Cowboy and Win SuperX. I've been told everything from "black powder only" to "Ultramax only", to "any (modern) factory load is fine in anything". I could use some real life experience information. I'll ask the reload questions when I get the dies.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Welcome from the Ozarks of Arkansas.

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! I'd be very hesitant with "modern loads" but I'm far from being an expert! I just like to err on the side of caution:biggrin: John

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Kansas!

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Welcome from the Allegheny Mountains of Central PA!

Cheers!

Mike T.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! I'd be very hesitant with "modern loads" but I'm far from being an expert! I just like to err on the side of caution:biggrin: John
John,
Thanks,
Been very cautious so far; meaning I haven't fired it; But I sure would like to. I hoping somebody knows for sure if the cowboy stuff at around 1000 fps is OK. They all seem to be OK for my Win 92 from 1905.
Russ

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Xdraw, there's a bunch of folks on here who will steer you right, I'm just not one of them. I'm not real familiar with the cartridge. I load for 10 calibers but not an 1893 32wcf. Wish I had one to load for!

Just hang around and someone will be along shortly with good info. Welcome to MarlinOwners. Glad to have you with us!

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Super Moderator
16,611 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Welcome from Long Island farm country, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.