Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently decided that i want a guide gun.I have been wanting a 357 mag Marlin CSBL for over a year now, but could never find one. Last year bought me a Henry case hardened 357 mag.I killed a 6 pointer 2nd time out with it. Its a beautiful rifle but has a horrible six pound trigger pull. The Marlin 1894 CSBL or SBL is the perfect rifle for my wants. XS ghost ring rail, Big west big loop, SS and laminate stocks. Only found 2 on gunbroker and the were asking 300 above retail. So I thought i would build me one if I could find a 1894 in the right caliber. I planned on ordering the big west loop $180.00 find and purchase a pistol stock trigger unit $ ?, BOYD laminate stocks $160.00 and a XS ghost ring rail sight system $160.00. Man this things going to be expensive and not even SS. Called store in VA last night. They said they had several Marlin 1894s in stock. Got up and drove 50 miles to find that both Marlins had octagon barrels. A no go for my plans.Went to 5 other guns stores nothing. I went to bass pro. 12 guns total on the normally packed gun rack. Disappointed and depressed I head home. On the way home because I had traveled so far from the interstate and our normal route home we decided to go through Moyock NC. Out of a whim I called a little gun shop near home and asked if he had any Lever guns.I asked if he had any 1894s he said yes several. We stopped in He said the exact gun I was looking for and priced appropriately. I came home with my Holy Grail. Remington has finally got their mess together. Fit and finish perfect, slick as butter and a good crisp 3 lb trigger. Its the first Marlin I've owned in 20 years. Now I got to figure out how to post a picture.By the way I hate changes and don't care for how they changed our forum.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Nice.

Are you still going to modify it? Will you have it ported?

·
Registered
539 Posts
10-4 on the forum changes! meaning it suks!

·
Premium Member
10,510 Posts
Very nice. You should enjoy that one. You will adjust to the forum with time but I agree it is not as good as the old one.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Looking forward to a range report, and then hope to see you post a picture of it leaning on some game!

·
Registered
18 Posts
There's enough barrel clear of the magazine to get that threaded and suppressed (I like suppressors).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Why don't you guys love this new change? I absolutely love that I can get a free quote from Geico after every post.
Nice rifle. I have a Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 that shoots light out with my cast bullets. Like you, I also have a Henry BBS but in 44 magnum and though it is a beautiful rifle, it's trigger pull leave something to be desired, plus it , the rifle, is heavy. So.. when it came time for me to look for a 45 Colt in a lever action, I found the perfect one in a new Marlin, ok guys, Remlin. My hard core inspection of the rifle told me that it was definitely a good one so I bought it. It was made in 2017 but Remington got this one right. The Marlins just feel better in my hand when I shoulder them.

·
Registered
920 Posts
It sounds like you and the rifle were destined to meet...but only after a very long, circuitous and almost...almost unsuccessful expedition. But, then again, sometimes the stories behind guns makes them even more treasured. You'll recall the adventure every time you take it out of the safe...and you'll always have a story to tell others whenever they admire your rifle.

·
Registered
29,094 Posts
Nope don't have to buy anything! With a ad blocker which is free to download and no virus will come with it. Simply install ad-block plus.............................................!

·
Registered
539 Posts
exact same new layout on the Ruger forum. they hate it over there too

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Congrats on your new rifle, it looks great!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Nice rifle and glad you found it.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase of your new rifle, it looks great enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts