Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This rifle was left to me by my dad who passed away in late February. 1894 in .44 mag .I believe it was purchased in 1981 or 1982 as it doesn't have the cross bolt safety. I'd probably never sell it because of its sentimental value to me but was just curious to its value. Blueing is still in very good shape, some dings and scratches on the stock. Have included photos. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,250 Posts
That's a beauty! Welcome from Alabama... If you give us the first 2 digits of the serial # we can get the year. I'm not an 1894 expert but some will be along...

·
Registered
292 Posts
.44 mag is one of the more sought after calibers for this rifle, and I blew up the pictures and looked close. Your rifle has been kept in very nice shape. Prices on these are on the way up, so I would insure it for $700. I'm glad that you will keep it in the family. It's a wonderful rifle in a great caliber, and if you ever sold it you would kick yourself later.

·
Super Moderator
12,058 Posts
This rifle was left to me by my dad who passed away in late February. 1894 in .44 mag .I believe it was purchased in 1981 or 1982 as it doesn't have the cross bolt safety. I'd probably never sell it because of its sentimental value to me but was just curious to its value. Blueing is still in very good shape, some dings and scratches on the stock. Have included photos. Thanks.
Your dads'?
Priceless buddy - especially if he took you hunting/shooting with...

·
Registered
708 Posts
+1000

·
Super Moderator
17,250 Posts
I'm Looking At It On My Phone, So Small Pic. Looks Like A Hammer Spur.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Only you can put a price tag on this firearm.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice rifle, have fun plinkin!:congrats:

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
At my house that rifle would be worth more than any pile of cash. That one's a keeper. Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: Reicher
1 - 16 of 16 Posts