Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Minding my own business, tooling around a gun shop and what do I see... a 1894CP in like new condition. They are asking $1050 with no box, seems a little steep to me. Ahh, but I cant get it out of my mind, its calling to me :s: I already have a 1894C, do I need another sweet shorter barrel 357?? It would be a nice brother to my 1895G, these are things I use to justify possibly going back and making an offer on this beautiful carbine.

Added some Pictures on Pg 3

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Better hurry...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I couldn't resist the temptation, got them down to $945 and I now own it. Unfortunately I couldn't bring it home. I like most everyone in the shop got delayed by the background check, seems they are a bit overwhelmed at the moment. My pick up date is July 2nd :( . They told me that most of the time its only taking a day or two. Still frustrating, brings back bad memories of when I was living in Commiefornia all those years.
I did take a couple of photo's at the shop, the other side is just as nice

20200627_160553.jpg 20200627_160606.jpg

·
Registered
414 Posts
Whoa, that is a beauty!!!

Reactions: Bigdog357

·
Super Moderator
11,887 Posts
Nice grab brother, congratulations! I think you will really like the short barrel 357. I had a similar 1894P in 44 mag and like how the small forearm suits the gun on those models. Wish more of the factory shorties were trimmed out like that instead of the regular fat forearm.

Things are also busy here in the sunshine state. I read NICS checks are 300% higher than last year and believe it. My last three transfers resulted in a delay, in one case I went back same day but the other two times had to go the following day. Oh well, it is good to have something to look forward to. Stay safe & enjoy!

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Congrats on a very nice rifle!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Good Deal For YOU! She's a good-looking firearm. Congratulations on your purchase.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a nice looking rifle. Are you going to hunt with it?
Doubtful, usually hunt with my Marlin 44 mag or Savage 450 Bushmaster. I could tho, I do use ear protection when I hunt these days and I would imagine that this short ported barrel is pretty loud.

·
Premium Member
18,012 Posts
I know prices are just plain stoopid these days, but I still think you got it for a fair (not great) price. Enjoy! :bandit:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well I couldn't resist the temptation, got them down to $945 and I now own it. Unfortunately I couldn't bring it home. I like most everyone in the shop got delayed by the background check, seems they are a bit overwhelmed at the moment. My pick up date is July 2nd :( . They told me that most of the time its only taking a day or two. Still frustrating, brings back bad memories of when I was living in Commiefornia all those years.
I did take a couple of photo's at the shop, the other side is just as nice

View attachment 814357 View attachment 814359
Lever action Marlin carbine in a pistol calibre... oh, the siren of the sea calls... and we ALL answer! Good handy scrub gun! I'm not sure how they do it, but Marlin seem to squirt some pheromone on the blasted things... makes you buy them! Beware, you'll be buying a bigger gunsafe, soon.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice. I wanted to tell you not to buy it and then ask the name of the LGS where you saw it...
This unnamed gun store has been quite a little Marlin honey hole. In the last couple years I have bought a 1951 39A peanut, a 1973 39M Octagon, a 883SS, a 783, a Papoose, a Mod 60 and now this 1894CP from them. I passed up a beautiful marlin 410 that was marked $675, didn't need it, but also did not realize what they were really selling for. Still kicking myself over that decision.

(Unfortunately I can never reveal the name of said store or I would have to..........................well you know :biggrin:
In this crazy time we are in right now I must qualify this statement by saying, I am just joking)

·
Registered
171 Posts
This unnamed gun store has been quite a little Marlin honey hole. In the last couple years I have bought a 1951 39A peanut, a 1973 39M Octagon, a 883SS, a 783, a Papoose, a Mod 60 and now this 1894CP from them. I passed up a beautiful marlin 410 that was marked $675, didn't need it, but also did not realize what they were really selling for. Still kicking myself over that decision.

(Unfortunately I can never reveal the name of said store or I would have to..........................well you know :biggrin:
In this crazy time we are in right now I must qualify this statement by saying, I am just joking)
As the owner of a JM Model 410 (336) lever, you have no idea what you passed up... just sayin'.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Nice rifle in great condition. I don't believe I've ever seen one in person.

Congratulations and don't forget the range report!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts