Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it arrived at my FFL, I went in and they placed sealed unopened marlin box in front of me, now at this point i was sweating a little, hoping it was not horrendous like you hear about. Opened the box slowly and guess what? It was flawless!!:congrats: Fit and finish was spot on, sights were centered, action was pretty good, not as smooth as original JM marlin but definitely satisfied me (will only get better overtime). On the barrel the date proof code is LK so I looked it up and it was made February 2016. My guess is if you get a newer marlin, your getting your money's worth and won't have as much problems as 2011-2013 Remlin era.

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
Twin Trapper, you won the lottery.
Congratulations!!
Hopefully, they will all be good from here on out.
And welcome to the forum from Tennessee.

·
Administrator
27,426 Posts
Welcome TwinTrapper. Glad you got one that pleases you. That said, your praise doesn't fit a rant so I'm moving your thread to the 45-70 forum. Click on the link below:

The 45/70 Govt.
Jack

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome TwinTrapper. Glad you got one that pleases you. That said, your praise doesn't fit a rant so I'm moving your thread to the 45-70 forum. Click on the link below:

The 45/70 Govt.

Jack

ok i'm sorry im new to forum posting. I guess I did "Win the Lottery" but hope this is a good sign to come. Thank you all!

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Registered
825 Posts
Welcome and good luck with it. My friend Haul road on Kodiak wasn't so lucky.

·
Super Moderator
7,945 Posts
welcome from the swamps of Va. but we need to see some pics of that new rifle.

Reactions: rlm1

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
Yeah, pics or it didn't happen! ;-)

·
Registered
130 Posts
congratulations indeed .... hope it will serve you well ..... looking forward to your use/range reports down the line

·
Registered
901 Posts
Welcome to MO, TwinTrapper, from the Former Home of Marlin. Connecticut, The Business Escaping State.

Congratulations on getting a good rifle in the Remington Lottery.
Maybe you should play your Serial Number in the Play3, Play4, or Powerball Lotteries. ;D
Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Hello TwinTrapper and welcome to the forum from NE Indiana!!! Congrats on the new rifle, enjoy, and lets see some pics!!!

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Welcome from the evergreen state. Congrats on your new rifle I'm sure she's a beaut but pictures or it didn't happen. Besides we all like to drool a bit over everyone's finds.:congrats:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Welcome Northeast Florida! Glad hear Marlin might have a future!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats on your new rifle! Let us know how it shoots once you get some rounds through it. I'd check to make sure the tang is held snug into the butt stock and that you don't have much of an "air gap" between steel and wood. That's where mine cracked.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Great News !!!! Im hopeing that Remington will continue to improve !!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts