Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey , my first rifle was an old winny trapper (wish i never sold it as you cant get them for love or money now in New Zealand)
anyhoo after years of a mauser addiction i have picked up a 1974 JM 30-30 .....the bloke i bought it off actually brought it with him from the states . looking forward to getting out for a hunt with it next month when the spring feed kicks in .....

·
Super Moderator
15,428 Posts
Welcome from Alabama... A piggy snag getter for sure... Good on'ya!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Welcome to MO from SW Ohio.

Enjoy that new Marlin.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin world. Make sure to post some pictures of the first hunt.
Jim

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
Welcome from Central NYS !

·
Registered
684 Posts
Welcome from north TEXAS!! I'm betting this Marlin won't be your last! They are addictive!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It's wonderful to have members from New Zeland ! I look forward to hearing about you hunting exploits with that new 30-30.
Please post some pictures of your new Marlin if possible.
What species are you going to hunt?
My favorite Marlin is the 35 remington. A nice medium bore thumper !

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Welcome from the UK. NZ eh? One of my brothers worked there back in the 80s, said it was the most beautiful country he ever saw.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Hey Scotty - sounds great! What exactly do you mean by “the Spring feed”, and, at that time, what will you be hunting with your .30/30?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the forum. It's wonderful to have members from New Zeland ! I look forward to hearing about you hunting exploits with that new 30-30.
Please post some pictures of your new Marlin if possible.
What species are you going to hunt?
My favorite Marlin is the 35 remington. A nice medium bore thumper !
red deer will be what im after this time round ,hjnds will be ready to drop and stags will have just cast so targetting yearlings, will take a pig or feral goat if one presents . i would have liked to get a 35 rem but there aint many about here.

Hey Scotty - sounds great! What exactly do you mean by “the Spring feed”, and, at that time, what will you be hunting with your .30/30?
the spring grass will be coming up in the clearings and the deer will be hungry after winter and feeding up , as above red deer this time round in summer i will chase sika covid stuffed the roar(rut) this year , our government had as in lockdown so no stags till 2021

·
Registered
29,098 Posts
Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome aboard from New Hampshire, USA. Good luck with the hunt and new to you rifle.

·
Premium Member
5,612 Posts
Congrats on your "new" rifle, and welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
15,492 Posts
Welcome to marlinowners.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The "Original 444 Marlin®" Country! Hooaaahhhh!!!

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Congrats and welcome from SE Wisconsin.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts