Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first lever action, A336W from walmart, I had previous thread where people gave me their opinions, weighed my options of used verse new, and just decided to go new. Made sure to check the rifle over thoroughly, it was a boxed rifle that just arrived. When they pulled it from the back the guy was like "there is no lock on it, so it can't leave my hands" so I had to check it and work the action all while the Walmart guy held it ::). The wood fits nice, the bluing is good, and the action is smooth, all in all I think I have found one of the better new ones. I was at a walmart earlier where the stock wasn't fitting, almost 'cracked' looked like the first shot would split it.

It has the (REP) F on the left side of the barrel, no JM, so I am guessing it isn't one of the original marlins, it does have the New Haven stamp on the right, it will still serve it's purpose, and maybe one of these days I will pick up an ol girl who has some nice history to her.

Anywhoo wanted to share, maybe if someone is wanting to go new, I wanted to shed some light on it, just make sure to check the rifle thoroughly, some walmart guys will unlock the rifle and let you work the action, one let me before I bought this one, but that one had a loose barrel band, so it was a no go.

And Remington is putting in a $5 rebate card if you buy a box of rem ammo and send in all pertinent receipts.

Pic

·
Registered
227 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Yep definitely a Remington made Marlin.....congrats on the new purchase and we expect a full range report!!!

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
I hope it works well for you. Glad you got to check it before buying. I doubt I would buy any guns at Wal-Mart, but that's because the folks who who work in the sporting goods dept. at the local Wal-Mart are clueless. I've talked to them before about guns and it's amazing how little they know.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Congrats on your new Marlin, let the Marlinitis begin. Nice pictures now for a range report when possible. Take care, John.

·
Premium Member
3,576 Posts
Good to know a good one came from Remington. Congrats!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congrats on a fine purchase. Glad you found one that had good fitting wood, as we've heard so many horror stories about some of the wood/metal fitment.
Del

·
Registered
429 Posts
Congrats on your new 30-30. May it bring you years of good shooting and great times.

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
Congrats on getting your new Marlin. I'm sure you're going to get to love it. Let us know how she shoots for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts