Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from camping this last weekend and thought I would put up some pictures of some of the beautiful country I was in. The area was in The Sawtooth Wilderness of Idaho, the lake is "Hellroaring Lake" and the creek is the drainage of said lake.

·
Super Moderator
15,495 Posts
​God's Country for sure!!!!!

Reactions: DDS444

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Beautiful country for sure----now Idaho is on my places to see list.

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
Beautiful!!! Thanks for the pictures! :tee:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful!!! Thanks for the pictures! :tee:
No problem! This is one of my favorite places in Idaho. The whole range is breath-taking! The lake is about a 5 mile hike in. If a guy was up to it, there is a about a 60 mile loop of backpacking to literally tons of lakes. This is barely a sample of what is there to see.

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
Wow, thats some Beautiful country! Its amazing too see what mother nature created, and were nothing more than a little tiny speck here... Those are some great pics you posted and i thank you for sharing...

Just Breathtaking scenery!!!!

BloodGroove4570

PS
Did you do any fishing and how long were you out for?
And did you see much wildlife?
Is that a dirt road in the background of pic #6 ?

·
Registered
19,565 Posts
BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bloodgroove,

We were out for 5 days. We usually do lots of fishing but this time we wanted to spend as much time as possible hiking around and such. As far as wildlife, we saw more than I have in quite sometime up there. A few doe (Mulies), one cow elk, two bulls, one badger, and one bald eagle fishing by our camp near the river. And that is indeed a single lane dirt road in the back ground of picture #6. It travels up the other side of the little valley that the trail also follows, but it stops just short of the wilderness boundary. It leads to a very small parking area, where you can cut out some of the hike and start into the back country from there. I have only been up it once. From the small parking area you have to wade the creek for there is no bridge and this time of the year the creek is quite deep and swollen so unless you want to swim in that ice cold water, I wouldn't recommend that way until mid-July to August. When we saw all the wildlife we unfortunately were without a camera..which it seems is how it goes sometimes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts