Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LPS called this morning and told me he had received some .22 and I needed to come by today if I wanted any. I suspected an ulterior motive as we've dealt a lot and he knows my weaknesses. I suspected a new/pawned lever gun, but did see any, but I looked in the pistol counter and he had added two newcomers. One was a stainless Ruger Single Six, with both cylinders intact. He had it marked 369.00. Since he was nice enough to call about the .22 availability, and since I wasn't in the market for another revolver right now, I called him over and told him that I thought he was a little under-pricing it. He said that he knew it, but it was a forfeited pawn that he had been carrying over for several months and he wanted to move it pretty quickly. The words "Will you take $375.00 OTD" rolled out of my mouth before my brain engaged.
Shiny6a.jpg

He also had a S&W 19-4 that seemed reasonable at $349.00 as well, but I was at my limit for the day. Someone had swapped out the S&W grips, but I still think it's a bargain at $349.00. Hope someone buys it before I go back in there.
IMG_20140708_132303906.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,147 Posts
Very nice. I had a chance a couple of years ago to pick up a nice used one like your with a holster and left it. When I realized I should have bought it and went back it was gone. I have the Heritage that is a blast to shoot but not near as well made as the Ruger and does not look anywhere close to as nice either.

·
Registered
20,512 Posts
Sweet lookin' shooter!:tee:

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
The Ruger is very sweet, but , those short M 19's are high dollar in this country, run back down and get that, if only for the investment.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
That S&W would have been the one for me. I have a Single-Six that I bought new in 1977 that it still looks new. Good luck with yours.
:tee:

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Terry, funny how that happens. Let us know how y'all get along, take care, John.

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Nice shiny pistol! I'll bet I know what you are doing tomorrow!:driver:

Reactions: a9mmfan and Golphin

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
You're gonna love that single six. I normally don't like shiny bright guns, but I did buy a Bond Arms USA Defender and picked it up today. Don't need to sneak around with a 3" .410 shotshell gut gun I guess.

Reactions: a9mmfan

·
Premium Member
12,147 Posts
Whoever snags that 2.5", pinned & recessed Model 19 for $350, is the big winner here.

Roe
Of course your correct as I know you know revolvers. I didn't even pay attention to it. That is a sweet heavy bangin pistol right there for a great price.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wow, I'd be all over that S&W.:eating:

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
I feel for ya! I have a LPS that calls me as well! Just called me yesterday for a stainless Ruger Blackhawk in .45LC, I think I can resist that one, but I couldn't resist the S&W 629-8 Lew Horton 3" Mod29 that they had a few weeks ago. That's in layaway....I will say that it's HARD to resist sometimes!
They also had a Ruger Redhawk, Ruger Single Six (snubbie) as well, they wanted me to put ALL of them on layaway! But I was strong! I resisted, but I think about the ones I didn't get ALL THE TIME..and when they see me, the tell me they still have them.....do you want them?? Grrr....Don't they realize I have a disease? They need to stop being enablers! Actually, I'm beginning to think they are more like pushers!

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
I love the Smith too, but a man's got to have a Single Six in his armory! And it's a convertible! Now that the ammo is trickling back for these beauties they will creep back up in price I'm betting. But I already have mine. Nice find Terry! Now go back now and get the other one! :driver:

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Congrats, I'd like to have a Ruger Single Six similar to that someday. My father had one (blue) that he used to help teach me when I was a kid; wish I had it now. I don't know what happened to it after he passed, but have some fond memories of using it.
Enjoy...

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
Hey Terry,

Think that .22 will "fit" you well! (especially since you have a LPS kind enough to obtain ammo!) LOL

Later, Mark

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree with Roe, but congrats none the less!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Nice Single Six, there was a time when mine looked just like that cept i shot it with factory wood grips. These days that gun has been converted to Bisley config(bisley hammer,trigger,grip frame and grips), and it's gonna stay that way. I still can't get over that model 19 snub for $350 bucks.....wow!:congrats:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts