Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked a nice new lever action this week. After looking for a Marlin 1894 in 22 mag for quite a while, I decided to buy one of the Henrys instead.

The H001TM Is the octagon barreled model in 22 magnum. Both the action and the trigger are smooth as silk.

The wood is nothing special but it's nice enough. Fit and finish is excellent.

Have any of you other Henry owners put one of the Skinner peeps on your Henry 22LR or 22WMR rifles? If so, what do you think about them on your Henry?

So far I've only shot at a steel gong so I can't offer any opinion yet on grouping. I plan to put a few boxes through the rifle tomorrow and shoot some paper targets so I'll get some perspective on that this weekend.

John

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle. Can't go wrong with a Henry rimfire. As far as wood goes, Henry puts prettier wood on their more expensive models. My $300 H001 has plain ol' straight grain wood, while my $600 H009 30-30 has a really nice figure in the stocks.

As for the Skinner sights, I don't have one on mine, but it's my understanding that they're very popular with Henry owners. They work good and look even better.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I registered over at the Henry site but am waiting on them to activate the request. Looks like it's a recent start-up and it takes a few days to get your account made operational by the admin.

Hope everyone has a chance to get out and do a bit of sport shooting this weekend.

John

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Congrats, nice looking rifle. Enjoy...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.