Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is with heavy heart I post this notice, farewell John , may you rest in peace.

posted by his son-in-law on 3-10-2018

With regrets I am here to let you members know that John “Jack” Kort passed away last night in his sleep peacefully. I am Jack’s son-in-law and on behalf of the entire family, we would like to thank each of you for your prayers, support, and for being a friend of his.

You all know the knowledge, experience and love Jack had for the shooting sport and I hope the next guys up carry on in his tradition. As an avid Marlin fan and hunter, I was amazed at what Jack knew and what he did with his knowledge. I also had the honor of cleaning out his room where he made bullets and I can say I have never seen so much stuff!

Jack loved life and his savior Jesus Christ and now he is at rest with him. We all shoot and some make bullets but for me there will never be another Jack. An honestly good man with love for everyone.

Thanks again and keep the traditions going!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
RIP.......always

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Registered
29,046 Posts
May he rest in peace!

With a sad heart, we lost a member today.

ca'jun56

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
RIP Jack. Always enjoyed Jacks contributions here on MO.

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
842 Posts
Good afternoon
I also much enjoyed writing to Brother John. We enjoyed many fine times writing about the 44 WCF.
I look forward to seeing him in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ one day .

·
Administrator
23,773 Posts
God Speed to his family and friends.

John will be missed, but he will be present here in his posts and friends. I thank him for his contributions here at Marlin Owners and elsewhere. He was a good man.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Rest Peacefully Brother John - your knowlege and friendship shall live on through these pages and the people you have influenced through them - may your soul enjoy the Fair Winds and Following Seas of The Lord’s Peace on your continued journey through eternity - thank you for being you while you were here, you will be missed much and remebered often by those you have touched and left behind (for now). And may the family also heal quickly and take comfort in your memories.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
What a great God fearing man & friend we lost. I am not ashamed to say I had a difficult time reading this post. May Our friend John find eternal rest & peace.

Glenn (444nut) & Larry (Gunjunkie)

·
Premium Member
11,276 Posts
We all lost a good friend and a good man, I am thankful that he is now at peace in his fathers hands, may he always be remembered for the good, kind man that he was.

I will miss him.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
God bless and may the Lord bring strength and memories for his family!!
Always enjoyed his knowledge and contributions here!

·
Registered
25,054 Posts
Looked forward to seeing you each year at Ridgeway . God Bless

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
Rip John...

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
Sympathy and condolences to the family. RIP.

·
Registered
93 Posts
RIP God speed and prayers

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
I am late hearing about it. I will pray for the family,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
14,837 Posts
R.I.P. John. Prayers for the family.