Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 production Marlin Guide Gun 1895 GS in 45/70. It's had less than 50 shots through it. While looking to sell it, I realized the "JM" stamp on the gun increased its value since it indicates it's an original Marlin, rather than one made by Remington. Any recommendations on who I would contact to find the gun's value?

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
welcome to MO......your GS look like this one.........? ported or not.........

this is an '01 if I recall....ported.....you can look at GB....get ideas...or watch ads here.......

super clean/one owner/low miles.......$850-900........

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome aboard. The stainless guide gun is one of my favorites. Not starting an argument, but if I recall correctly, the guide guns debuted in 1998 with a blued version. The stainless version showed up in 2000. If I had to guess, your serial number probably starts with 94. That would put the build date at 2006. (100-94=06 which would translate to 2006). Some others will come along with a value, but a lot depends on where you are located. I probably wouldn't take a $1000 for my GS, but that's just me.
Brian.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
My 2006 GS maybe 1k as it punches 1 inch holes at 100 yards with 350 grain. WFN. BTB

Reactions: turbobug

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What is the first two numbers in the serial number of your Marlin. Then someone can chime in and tell you exactly what year your Marlin is. Then we can go from there with a value.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts