Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Be Careful with dealing on Armslist. Seems a lot of scamming on that site.
Use Caution!

Yes they sell for more than that, SS A LOT MORE ON GB!!!

Good Luck
BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
A CSS is the stainless steel model I believe so not sure what's up with that.
I'm selling on armslist but I require FTF or no deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you mean by your first sentence? His ad does show pics of a stainless steel Marlin..

And yep, agree with only dealing FTF. I've had so many scammers through CL and other sites...they do try to make up clever stories though haha.

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
I think Condition 1 is saying that the picture looks quite dark for stainless -- could be lighting I guess! John

Reactions: Condition 1

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do a search on the serial number.... I get very suspicious when something is too good of a deal.
Yeah I sent him a message a little bit ago asking for more information about the Marlins he has up for sale...no response yet.

On one of his 1894SS 44mag ads he lists it as a 8 round capacity, when it's actually 10. Could be a simple mistake, but I have a feeling this is a scam..

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Looks like a scam considering his inexpensive prices are his other Marlins too. Good $$$ could be made on all if it is a legit deal. He's in Roe's backyard, and he could find out in a hurry if this is a scam or not.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
What do you mean by your first sentence? His ad does show pics of a stainless steel Marlin..

And yep, agree with only dealing FTF. I've had so many scammers through CL and other sites...they do try to make up clever stories though haha.

I actually had to look at the pic 4 times as it was so dark it appeared blued.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well good, one less POS scammer to deal with.

Too bad it wasn't a true listing, I would've loved to pay $700.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you have the money in the form of a postal MO, I see no problem as to being a seller. The buyer is the one sticking his neck out IMO. I guess someone could forge a MO somehow, but I think that would be a very low risk

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Too many scams out there. Face to Face is the best way.
Granted a USPS is pretty hard to forge but there are forgeries out there
at least according to the post office.
It's true being the buyer is more risky, but the seller could lose it to
a scammer pretty easily.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The postal service has a money order verification line that you can call to verify that a money order is valid. It's a very quick and easy process. Here's the number: 866-459-7822
That is a good piece of info, T-Roy. Thank you! I have made 3 gun purchases via Armslist and the 3rd is coming this Thur. according to the tracking number. So far, they have all been good. In the last 3 mo. or so, I have received 2 alerts from Armslist that 2 guns that I had viewed were flagged and considered scams. I did not move on those guns because they seemed too good to be true. Good communication is essential, and you have to listen to your gut. I have had to change my credit card number 3 times in the last year! Pretty sad scenario I'd say.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts