Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is a very special rifle to me. It is a Marlin 336 SC in 35 Remington, made in 1950 (has the G prefix). It was made the same year as I was, so it's now 64 years old and in a lot better condition than I am in! It looks to have been shot very little, if any and probably carried more than it was ever shot. I just can't believe the condition of it! It's an unspoiled waffle top, it has the perch belly wood, first year production of the wonderful old 35 Remington in the 336 line, and it's not Micro grooved. The bore is mint. I've been courting this little lady for a month and a half so she finally decided I wasn't so bad and came home with me today. Man, I'm in love! This is my third 35 and my second waffle top. No sling studs, no dents, no dings, only a neat safe queen that someone had hidden away for a lifetime. Check out a few pictures.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Shotgun

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

Gun Rifle Shotgun Trigger Air gun

Gun Rifle Firearm Shotgun Trigger

Gun Rifle Firearm Shotgun Trigger

Ron

·
Registered
656 Posts
Very nice find,what a fine example of a waffle top:congrats:

Reactions: Survivor99

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Survivor 99, you have won the Marlin Lottery. Very nice Marlin,blueing and wood are great, next time I go looking for a Marlin I'm taking you with me. Take care and thanks for the pictures, John.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Survivor 99, you have won the Marlin Lottery. Very nice Marlin,blueing and wood are great, next time I go looking for a Marlin I'm taking you with me. Take care and thanks for the pictures, John.
Hey John, I'd love to go Marlin shopping with you! I;m afraid we might break the bank!

Now, of course, I need to update my Marlin family portrait. Hmmm............ its a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it!

Ron

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
That sure is beautiful...and as 'young' as you..

Congrats......

I was hatched in 1952 and have always wanted either a 30-30 or 35 Rem. from that year ( Marlin, of course..!! ). Since I do not currently have a 35 Rem., getting one from '52 would sure be nice.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
She's gorgeous! Congrats to you... enjoy.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
:congrats:"SWEEEEEEET"!! Ya done good there Ron!!:beer:

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Looks good 99, I think you done good

Hey, "99" Get Smart, you done real good Max

·
Registered
327 Posts
What a pretty rifle. Hope you get lots of enjoyment out of her. Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Unbelievable condition, even still has the white butt spacer so many seem to be missing, pretty much the nicest one out there, congrats.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Looks great, that year and model is my best shooter, congrats!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, everyone! You know, they're not making these things any more. They were wonderful rifles, and yes they still are. if you can be in the right place at the right time, you just might own a piece of firearms history. Thats how i feel about them and I will attempt to rescue them from the hands of those who might not respect them......or whatever I'm trying to say here! HaHa! Tomorrow I'm buying a bigger safe, that will hold my entire collection plus give me a few vacant slots for several more rescues.

Ron

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.