Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I found a JM blued guide gun for sale. I don't know the price, and I don't really have the money anyway. I am not letting that stop me though! I threw a pre 64 Winchester 30-30 in the truck and I am going to try to make a swap with the guy. Beautiful Winchester, but I have not shot it in probably 5 years, I figure its time for someone else to enjoy it, plus I think it will help me bring home this guide gun. I'll let you know tonight...wish me luck

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds like a pretty square deal to the right guy, most people would rather rant and rave about the old Winnies before ever admitting Marlin made a lever action.

Reactions: mattusmc

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
=( Pretty Bummed. I got there when the shop opened at 930,and the owner said he would have made a deal with me, except his Brother-in-law put his name on it Saturday... GRRRRRRRRRR....... I knew I should have put a deposit down last Friday.

I told him if his Brother-in-Law backed out I wanted it, but he was pretty sure it was a done deal. $475+tax..... Oh well the hunt goes on....

·
Registered
21,083 Posts
Y'a might want to throw a hundred bucks in your pocket too... just in case! :biggrin: Good luck and don't forget to post some pics!

Reactions: mattusmc

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Y'a might want to throw a hundred bucks in your pocket too... just in case! :biggrin: Good luck and don't forget to post some pics!
Yeah I had about $100 with me just in case but it was too late.....

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well as you all know the guide gun was gone, however the good news is the 94 winny 30-30 has turned into CASH. I love having CASH in my pocket when on the prowl for a new gun. I am even considering looking for a 450. A 1895GS would be nice too... Well we will see what turns up....

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
There is a non-ported 1895 guide gun for sale here on MO. I would take a look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.