Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a decent (94 S/N) JM 336 "W" shot about forty rounds. Checkered wood is not all beat up and actually has a nice tone to it. I have a leather butt-cuff shell holder on it that I'm not going to bother taking off. Has a weaver scope base included, I don't have the factory filler screws. It shoots great. Has camo sling too. Has Williams rear ghost ring.

The not so ugly. The rifle finish is excellent except on the left side of the reciever and barrel up to around the front sight has some blueing loss freckling from blood spatter (NOT RUST)

I'm thinking in the $355 shipped range?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Opinions please.

·
Super Moderator
17,222 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Interesting rear sight on that rifle.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
I like the setup. I have a couple with notched and ghost ring inserts. Very easy to switch inserts to suit your preferences.

Reactions: Treinta-Treinta

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I can tell you I gave $240.00 out the door for my W model less than a year ago. It's a 95% rifle.

Good catch! Around here you'd pay much more for one. Average for this area would be around $300 - $325.

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
692 Posts
I gave $520 for this one last November. Included was a case and 200 rounds of ammo. I estimate a net of $320 - 340 for the rifle. It is a 99% 336, no rust of pits, only minute blue loss due to wear, It looked nearly unfired
This is the Armslist pic

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Seems like the butt adds cuff maybe $75?? to the deal, and the sling a little more. $275 for a flecked up W truck rifle, woods beater, loaner rifle, that is otherwise tight seems just okay to me, but my local market is high. Tried that forward peep sight arrangement once. For me it took to long (as in impossible) to find the front sight sight in the peep so far from the eye fast enough, on a kinda quick moving deer, that only presented themselves briefly. Worked fine on the range, and on deer that were standing still.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts