Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my 1894 on Friday and it is beautiful. As the previous owner told me it was new and never fired. No marks on the loading gate, no bluing worn off of the lever and the wood is perfect. My only worry was that when I went to work the action it was very sticky and stiff. So I stripped it down and found the thick grease and or cosmoline the factory used was dry and glue like. After about 2 hours of cleaning and re-assembling the action is as smooth as butter. According to the serial number it was manufactured in 1983. I want to thank all the forum members for their help and advice they had given me before I purchased my 1894 . I have a Warne scope mount on order and decided on a Leupold 2x7 shotgun scope as I like the idea of the parallax set at 75 yards. Just can not wait to shoot it.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Shotgun
Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Shotgun
Gun Rifle Air gun Trigger Gun barrel
Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Shotgun

·
Premium Member
17,107 Posts
Hey John,

Swell looking 1894!

Those are some fine shooting rifles!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Congratulations on the new 1894. Not many of them JM Marlins floating around in that kind of condition. Well For Sale anyway. Glad you got her and thanks for the Pictures.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Registered
21,089 Posts
Congrats on a nice lookin' rifle!:tee:

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
good lookin' rifle, congrats

·
Registered
255 Posts
Beautiful rifle.
Of the many guns I have bought and sold, that's the one I miss the most. Never let it go.
BTW My sister in law and brother in law (Jenny and Tim) live in Columbus. Do you know them? ;-)

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Very nice, I wish mine was that good.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Received my 1894 on Friday and it is beautiful. As the previous owner told me it was new and never fired. No marks on the loading gate, no bluing worn off of the lever and the wood is perfect. My only worry was that when I went to work the action it was very sticky and stiff. So I stripped it down and found the thick grease and or cosmoline the factory used was dry and glue like. After about 2 hours of cleaning and re-assembling the action is as smooth as butter. According to the serial number it was manufactured in 1983. I want to thank all the forum members for their help and advice they had given me before I purchased my 1894 . I have a Warne scope mount on order and decided on a Leupold 2x7 shotgun scope as I like the idea of the parallax set at 75 yards. Just can not wait to shoot it.

View attachment 103369 View attachment 103370 View attachment 103371 View attachment 103372
You got a nice one there! :congrats:

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Great lookin rifle! That's going to be a bunch of fun for sure:congrats:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Nice pair of guns.
Yes, that is a nice pair posted by Progun1911. I have an 1894S identical to yours except born date is 1982. You'll like it.

Only thing is John, now you need a Ruger Super Blackhawk or S&W Model 29 to pair up with that beaut of a .44 mag JM Marlin. If your going Western style, I guess the Super Blackhawk would be the way to go, but if you could find a S&W Model 29 also manufactured in 1983 that would be really slick!

- hutch

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.