Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a JC Higgins 44 DLM 22 mag in excellent period correct condition, front sight hood, rear sight, correct factory scope mount and period correct Redfield 4X scope and it shoots great. I've found a bunch of info here such as the Sears crossover # (103.19890), sales adds & parts diagrams, but I can't find a year of manufacture or cross reference, I'll keep looking but any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Just so you know, this is not about info for resale as I'm very excited about getting this rifle and just want to know more about it. Thanks for any time and effort plus what's already on this site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Waffletop. I just found the Marlin model list, it shows the 57M production years from 61 to 69, and yes, so far I've not found a ser # on it, but I haven't taken it out of the stock yet either. Thanks again.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
41banger, I just got the same rifle, with the same number on it.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Desparodo, it came in with a cracked stock, I have to glue it up & refinish the wood then I post pics, but it is the same #. After looking it is a SEARS # not serial. So both must be pre 68.

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Pictures are fine. Looks like a keeper to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts