Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you are a US serviceman stationed abroad, can you own and posess guns that can be legally owned in the states as long as they remain on base?

Who here was more interested in firearms than girls when they were in the service? I can't help I was to busy trying (key word cause I wasn't "getting") to get my gun serviced.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope it's just an honest first time seller/service guy! It's not a bad buy it now price, but I'm not biting!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I don't know what the Japanese gun laws are, but they sure do MAKE an awful lot of Brownings, Winchesters, and Weatherbys there. I also have a couple of articles on Japanese gunsmith's in my old Gun Digest's, so I guess anything is possible....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
11 Posts
I corresponded with the seller trying to get enough confidence to send him some money and he did bounce back. Now I see he ended the auction early. I bounced back to see what was up but don't know yet. Might be a good thing, because I was seriously considering sending some hard earned cash!

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sent a message to the seller too! Asked a number of questions, but got no responses.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I am also leery of any ads originating from Nigeria! :shock: There is a fresh round of Nigerian scams as reported on Gunboards. "I have 18.5 Mil USD, and I will give it to you so you can help me get into the USA..." :roll: I updated my firewall & have not been troubled by them. Yet. SW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts