Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Yep just got a Facebook message on that this morning. I thought the left adored the First Amendment? Wait!.... Nevermind!

·
Registered
21,237 Posts
She needs to be FIRED... IMMEDIATELY! All the veterans in Jacksonville and surrounding areas need to show up at the next city commission meeting and DEMAND it!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
People actually need to demand where this all started. Is the mayor backtracking and covering his you know what? Is this just a lone wolf? Don't just be satisfied with a statement from the mayor.

·
Registered
19,797 Posts
Question -

Just why does the citizenry who allowed their public servants to be put in their positions allow them to become our masters?
Because tar-and-feathers or the Guillotine just doesn't fit the narrative of our "civilized' society. People got too trusting and soft, allowing the government(s) to put their boot on our faces. There's a solution to the situation, but it's ugly.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
The inspector "Melinda Power" had no business in getting in the veteran's (customer) face and insulting him. She has a poor attitude and a lack of respect for our veterans. I'm glad it was captured on tape. The report said the surveillance tape went viral, which prompted her to apologize on FB. LOL.

Her boss is going to get to review the tape and I hope she gets fired!!! That is no way to speak to people.
IMO, seems like she thinks she all & mighty because she's a city inspector. Hopefully not for long.

·
Registered
19,797 Posts
Here is a reply I just received from Mayor Curry. Apparently he's been swamped with email all day. You'll all be happy to know Ms. Power and her supervisor, who was actually present at the exchange, were both placed on leave today. Looks like she'll be washed up. The Mayor can't keep her around, especially in an election year.

Text Font Line Document Paper

Click to enlarge.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Here is a reply I just received from Mayor Curry. Apparently, he's been swamped with email all day. You'll all be happy to know Ms. Power and her supervisor, who was actually present at the exchange, were both placed on leave today. Looks like she'll be washed up. The Mayor can't keep her around, especially in an election year.

View attachment 693090

Click to enlarge.
Well, he was not tiptoeing in his reply.

·
Registered
19,797 Posts
Ms. Power is a registered Republican. At 70 years old, she just pushed herself into retirement. For those of you never been to Jax, it's a Military town. Veterans and bases support the local economy. It's an election year, and she's a liability, can't be kept around. She'd cost a lot of votes. They'll accept her resignation for the PR benefits, and she'll still collect her pension. The City Employees Union will have to go along with that decision, or Veterans Groups will apply more pressure than they already are now. The backlash in Jax is very strong. Check the news.

What a witch. She's a shrill little Harpy who was on an authoritarian high. Maybe she was having a post-menopausal hot flash or forgot her Midol. Maybe she'd gotten away with that type of conduct for years, and just finally got caught. Either way, we've all dealt with her type. True Feminist Equality means 'Get in a man's face, get put in a man's place'.

Man up, Sister. You stepped in it this time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.