Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks a lot guys...I've got it bad...Marlinitus...so my son talked me into a trip to the ol' sporting goods store...where there was this 336 35 Rem...just before closing...oh, the pressure...I can't deal with it...and...well...it's a good price...and now my son can use the 35 Rem next fall...or I'll put a low power scope on it and use it and he can use the Model 1936 - with open sights...his eyes are better than mine.
Is there a cure???

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Nope No known cure has been found that I know of 8)

G

·
Is there a cure???
1) A woman with a grip on your budget.

Some marlinitis sufferers have been known to have intense, severe, or adverse reactions after this remedy has been administered, including moodiness, depression, random outbursts of anger, and gastrointestinal distress. Some have simply rejected this treatment outright.

2) A well-rounded education at a leading university specializing in the liberal-arts, followed by an immediate relocation of domicile to New York City or Orange County, CA.

No reoccurances of marlinitis have been reported in these cases, but incidence of hemmorhoids and AIDS did go up.

:shock:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Either one would be a last ditch effort to control the condition. Especially #2, it seems to change one's entire DNA structure, sheesh...

SS

·
Registered
265 Posts
What do you want from us :shock:. We are all members of the Marlinitis lepers club and have it just as bad as you do (not that it's a bad thing)

No cure, you can only treat the symptom......

.....buy more Marlins :D

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So now it's on layaway...in a shop two and a half hours away...I can't even look at it.
Think it's lonely down there, in the back room???

...and my schedule is FULL for the next two to three weeks...

I do have a concern though...it has a dark stain running from the top tang back to the end of the butstock. It's about 3/16 to 1/4 inch wide.
It looks like someone got over zellus with oil or bore foam and set it vertical unattended until it ran down the stock.
So, now it's just a dark streak running down one side of the butstock.
I could refinish the stock, but would I rather spend my time on that or at the range 200 gr chunks of lead at a piece of paper?
But anyway, does this streak point to something other than just someone not thinking clearly?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I would call that character - a mark of distinction. Hey, we've all got our flaws and scars from mistakes we've made and even from life well lived. Why should a rifle be any different?

G

·
As a medical professional I can state for a fact that there is no pill and no cure for this wonderful disease. Your best hope is to embrace your phychosis and feed it.

the major cause of death is by Govermentitis (inflammation of the "state") Coupled with the patient having a weak civil defense response.

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
Aw, ya big whiny babies, NOBODY here suffers from Marlinitis. The symptoms aren't painful, it's just a constant state of craving. It's like Insanity. I don't suffer from it, I ENJOY it! Make the best of it. It's a chronic disease, there's no point being morose about it. Look at the bright side............you could have a thing for antique accordians! This is SO much better.

But a question for y'all. I keep all my Marlins in a vault by themselves, they're kinda clannish. Once I had to put my AR-15 in there, and the next time I got it out, it was all dirty, the scope was knocked off POI, and the nylon sling looked like it had been chewed on. Are your Marlins abusive to other guns? It's like Augusta in there! MEMBERS ONLY. :oops:

PJ

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
One more time and only because you are kin of a sort being a fellow born in Swanson, Michigan and you being a fellow yooper. First thing you need a mortgage, if the house is paid off, make this statement honey with mortgage rates as low as they are shouldn't we do something to this house? When she starts making a wish list, prepare to borrow enough to buy all the tools needed for remodeling, and a couple of thousand extra for them rifles you want. She gets what she wants, you got a garage full of good tools and a gun cabinet full of new marlins. All are now tax deductible, and all tools and guns are free and clear. Problem solved. My last time for a sure cure.

·
Registered
336 Posts
swany said:
One more time and only because you are kin of a sort being a fellow born in Swanson, Michigan and you being a fellow yooper. First thing you need a mortgage, if the house is paid off, make this statement honey with mortgage rates as low as they are shouldn't we do something to this house? When she starts making a wish list, prepare to borrow enough to buy all the tools needed for remodeling, and a couple of thousand extra for them rifles you want. She gets what she wants, you got a garage full of good tools and a gun cabinet full of new marlins. All are now tax deductible, and all tools and guns are free and clear. Problem solved. My last time for a sure cure.
Brilliant! Creative Finance at it's BEST!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Best advice I can give is don't fight it - enjoy it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts