Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend from work asked me if I could slick his Rossi Puma up a little. "Heck yes!" says I. He brought it over and I tied into it a little while ago not knowing I'd need 3 hands, a prehensile tail and a VERY tolerant assistant.

Marlins are SO much simpler, and I'll never buy another brand!!

Anybody got a good link for working on a Rossi without a prehensile tail or an assistant? I seem to have alienated everyone in the house and I got a cramp in my tail! :shock: SW

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I believe the Puma to be much like the old 1892 Winchester, so instructions for the 92 should help you. Still a bugger to work on, even with the right info. I use the NRA's books on firearms assembly and diassembly for such things.
I rarely fool with any of the "off brands" (that's any non-Marlin) anymore. I too am spoiled!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought a EMF '92 short rifle a while back. First thing I trie to do was slick it up. Never had a 1892 action before. It took me forever to figure out how to take it apart and back together. Got me wondering just how some pioneer could make a repair or fix a bad jam on the trail.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I'll get it, I'm sure, but DANG, ain't Marlins more thoughtfully designed!
MSJ, I chuckled aloud at your field-expedient repair comment. I had a mental image of some really stressed guy trying to get the lower tang back in place with an EXTREMELY irate boar trying to put tusk tracks all over him!! :shock:

(Next day) I found the instructions on Marauder's site, and everything's well in hand. I ordered a spring kit and yet have a BUNCH of polishing to do. The inside of that Rossi bore a small resemblance to the surface of the moon! I believe I'll lay off whining about Marlins for a while - the worst one I have is light years ahead of the South American special! SW

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yea, I guess that's why they always packed them six-shooters. The part that gave me fits was trying to separate the bolt/lever assembly. They are connected by a pin and it must be driven out through the hole above right of the loading gate,after removing the screw on opposite side. Won't be taking mine down for "routine maintnance" for sure.

·
Registered
175 Posts
NebrHogger said:
I ordered a spring kit and yet have a BUNCH of polishing to do. The inside of that Rossi bore a small resemblance to the surface of the moon! I believe I'll lay off whining about Marlins for a while - the worst one I have is light years ahead of the South American special! SW
Yeah........the Brazilians ain't too big on hand-finishing when it comes to these rifles. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts