Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rifle won't fire. Acts
Ike firing pin is not hitting hard enough. Any advice. Also does anyone sell replacement stocks for these

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Rifle won't fire. Acts
Ike firing pin is not hitting hard enough. Any advice. Also does anyone sell replacement stocks for these
IIRC, these have a pin that's prone to breakage. The Marlin lever section over on Rimfire Central has a good rundown on how to disassemble and reassemble them. Might be it's just accumulated crud and it needs a detailed cleaning. There were about 12K made over the years, it's a low production item and over 50 years old. Chances of finding an unused stock are about zero. Some of the guys have lucked out and found used ones at shows and on auction sites. Generally what's available will be hardwood since most guys want to upgrade to factory walnut and are flogging off the old one. Alternative is whittle one out yourself from a blank or have someone do it. Numrich/Gun Parts has what's left of the parts stock for these.

Stan S.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I don't have much in this rifle. I bought it years ago. Guess it's time to tear it apart and see what happens

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Ghostrider, I got a NOS Stock for my 56 Levermatic from these guys Western Gun Parts Home Call them and ask if any are available for your 57. I paid $70+ $25 shipping. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts