Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XS Scout Scope Rail, 2.5x28 Leupold IER, and my quick detach rings came in today....

Now, all I need is my new glasses so I can SEE TO MOUNT IT! Torture I tell ya!

I'm so darn excited, I can barely wait. It's going on my 336C 30-30. If I am right, this rifle is going to be fast, accurate and more fun than a wet monkey!

I just finished up with cataract surgery on both eyes, and with my new glasses to correct for my astigmatism, I will have 20/20 or better eye sight. This is a baby Jesus miracle to me, since I was crippled before and couldn't even drive to a hunting (or fishing or ??) spot in the dark. ;D

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Congratulations on the success of your eye surgery. It much be wonderful to get youthful eyes back. Look forward to your posts and pictures after you get her all put together.

·
Registered
890 Posts
What a blessing!

If you get tired of waiting, I will send you my address and you can mail it to me. I will mount it, sight it, and shoot the crap out of it. I will mail it right back to you after next hunting season.

All for no charge. ;D

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
For a second there I thought you were going to comment on the Super Bowl halftime show...

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
pisgah said:
For a second there I thought you were going to comment on the Super Bowl halftime show...
...or the butchering of the National Anthem! <gag>
Got my XS scope mount yesterday in the mail. Think I'm gonna put it on my 1894 FG.

·
Registered
68 Posts
tatersoup , I know the feeling . The day after I had laser surgery on both eyes I was trying to use my .22 rifle . It was just a bit early for that but things have got better so keep the faith !! :)

Jack

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
I had the cataract surgery several years ago. It's as close to A miracle as I have seen! You will be shooting in A few days.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Jack Stanley said:
tatersoup , I know the feeling . The day after I had laser surgery on both eyes I was trying to use my .22 rifle . It was just a bit early for that but things have got better so keep the faith !! :)

Jack
Jack, that don't look like no 22 in your avatar! What is that the new remington version 39A? I'm headed for the surgery in a few years I was just told. My wife helps with the surgery (not mine I hope) Good luck on your recovery TS, hope it's quick. It's shootin time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had double cataract surgery about 10 years ago, and what a difference it made. It was, as they say, just like a miracle. I hope you are as pleased with your results as I was. You will be shooting in a few days after the surgery. I wish you all the best.

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
TS, I'm glad to hear that your surgery went went well, and I hope you have a very speedy recovery.

Since I am diabetic, I regularly worry about my eyesight, but, so far, I'm doing pretty well for an old codger, no surgery needed yet. The old orbs are not as sharp as they used to be, but I've got nothing to complain about, knock on wood.

·
Registered
68 Posts
jtshooter said:
Jack, that don't look like no 22 in your avatar! What is that the new remington version 39A? I'm headed for the surgery in a few years I was just told. My wife helps with the surgery (not mine I hope) Good luck on your recovery TS, hope it's quick. It's shootin time.
JT , that is the only live ninety m/m that is in civilian hands in this country . Brother fired it at Knob creek and I got a few photos . Odd thing is the ammo boxes were clearly marked 106mm ???

Jack

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, wow. Thanks all for your supportive comments.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Just took OFF the XS scout scope setup off my win 94 30/30. Just couldn't QUITE get used to it 'cause the scope was just a wee bit too high as compared to the Williams FP receiver sight. YMMV

1 - 13 of 13 Posts