Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For months I have read posts from fellow Marlin members scoring on pawn shop, local gun shop and estate marlin 1894 rifles. When was it going to be my turn. I was called by a friend about a 1894 in .44 for sale locally and was able to contact the seller. I met the seller yesterday to look the 1894 over when the owner brought out a Marlin "BOX"... now I'm really excited ..and handed it to me. I opened the box and there lay a unfired blued 1894 with nice wood and a feature I was not expecting. The rifle had a PISTOL GRIP!!

I handed him CASH as soon as my hands could move out of my pocket. I did not want any sellers remorse on the sale. The Marlin 1894PG is mine now...

Chocdog

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Total score, patience has its virtues. :congrats:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Congrats on finding one. :congrats:
I'm looking for an 1894SS myself but I'd take the pistol grip stock
even blued because I wouldn't have to swap out the stock.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
That is awesome, good things happen to those who are patient. Congrat's on fine pick up! and a rare one at that.
JB

·
Registered
20,306 Posts
:tee:pICTURES...PICTURES...PICTURES!

Reactions: pure_guava

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Congratulations! Sounds like a nice find. One of these days I'm going to have to get me one, don't really care if it in .44 or .357 either... :biggrin:
Enjoy...

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Congrats...well once we see pics anyway...

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
You didn't hurt yourself going for the wallet did you? :congrats:

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
A PG? That's like finding a Unicorn! Congratulations my friend. DP

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wow, Good score!!
I didn't get that fortunate. But did find an 1894 in .44 at our local shop with scope and mount.
Picked it up for 575.00. 1972 in NRA 95%. No extra holes including leather sling.
I have never seen one on a rack in this area before.
My "unicorn" for the last year.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts