Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could one of you kind fellows send me some cool weather down here in southwest florida so i can get this .444 ss JM out to the range? I got the itch something feirce to run some lead down the barrel and test the two factory loads i got my hands on. I got some rem 240 grn sp and some hornady 265ftx . The ftx gummies looked pretty good in my initial iron sight 50 yard test. Now that i have the scope on. I got five boxes of each so i will be hunting with which ever workout best. I bought them when i could i figured i wouldnt much trouble seling off the one type that i wasnt using.

·
Registered
317 Posts
We just started cooling off here in missouri so maybe it'll make it's way down to you. Weather guy said we might be in the 60's next week. Shouldn't be long.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I"ll send you all the crappy cold weather I get up in Ma. you want. Last 2 winters sucked. Send me some hot weather until May 1. All the same good luck with your Marlin and shoot a gator for me.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Took mine to the range the other day when it was 108 degrees. The problem here is that when it starts cooling down, all the guys that shoot one day a year head to the range. If I have any real work to do with my rifles I try to get it done before mid September.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im heading to NW Ohio at the end of November for thanksgiving and general gun season for deer. Before we head down to Wayne National Forest in SE Ohio for the hunt everyone shows up at my Cousins barn for a feast and to sight in their firearms. This year their will be slugguns , 45/70 ,44 mags and front stuffers. Im going to make dare sure the .444 is well represented with some tight groups on that day as well as throwing my deer on the pile for processing day after the hunt. Which of course calls for another feast.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same problem here at the public range which is a very good facility. i try and avoid the public range here and usually opt for a make shift range on my hunting lease south of Lake Okeechobee . Bugs are pretty bad out there until the first cold snap. Last time i tried to sight in at the public range in the heat I was having trouble with seeing the heat waves through the scope so between that and sweat running off my head I just packed it in.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I tried to go shooting with my 444 this morning but the gnats and horseflies convinced me to postphone that as soon as I got out of the jeep. If you get out early here it is generally tolerable, but the bugs have figured that out too,LOL.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I'd like to help you out but it isn't much better here in central Georgia.......:(

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I went last week at 7AM it was a cool 76 with a slight cross wind, can't ask for better in the summer. Yep when hunting season gets close you can not find space on a public range.:ahhhhh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts