Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was 1 year ago today, March 25th, 2010, that we were told THE MARLIN FIREARMS COMPANY North Haven,CT. would be closed. Joe Gross was there, and told us,"Get On With Your Lives !"

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I think I would have had some charges filed .. but then again what they owed to all of you needed collected first.. I am thinking I heard he is no longer part of the fiasco that ruined an American Icon..

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Was this after assurances everyones jobs were safe? That was what I remember hearing. Scum, rises to the top. I remember hearing the news and with a week or two ran out and bought a GS from Western Auto. Wish I could have bought 5 more.. Even if Remmy manages to pull Marlin out of the ashes, it will never be the same to me. The rich history around this name is gone with the plant closure and the axing of the jobs of the last generation of people to work there.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the only thing that really saved Joe Gross that day was the utter shock everybody felt of being told "It Was Over." It got real ugly at that meeting in the Cafeteria that day.
Yes, Joe Gross "Resigned" last month, or should it be properly stated by the people in charge of him," Joe, you Dipstick you screwed it all
Up. Your "little project" didn't pan out quite the way it was -so called- "planned out."
He got his chunk of change, his Platinum Parachute, and will be on his way to decimate the next company he works for leaving more people behind in his wake.
There's nothing quite like an Egomaniacal, Self-Centered, Self-Inflating Executive who has no regard for the people that work in the company he handles.

eaglesnest, we were told that things were looking good, but when things are handled by a Parent Company. It's only a matter of time before the "Bean Counting Executives" try to justify their Overpaid Salaries, but showing where they can cut and eliminate people to bring up the Profit Margin at the Cost of Destroying a Profitable Company, and Disrupting the Lives of the Employees that Dedicated their Skills to Day After Day.

6 Days Left.

·
Super Moderator
13,335 Posts
stykbow57 said:
Wow Kon, Sorry it turned out that way! We are all In mourning over this and We are glad You are here!. Dennis
+1

I agree. It's an honor to have any and all Marlin employees here at MO.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
186 Tmanbuckhunter said:
+1

I agree. It's an honor to have any and all Marlin employees here at MO.
Yes KON and the other MO former employees, I hope you stick and stay on this forum, and I wish the best for all of you and your families.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts