Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
M-94 .357 pre lock micro groove
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be getting old, time is really flying by. It’s been a month since I shot the 1894 .357 so I pulled it out tonight just to run an oiled snake down the barrel. That thing is like a mirror inside and I want to make sure it stays that way.

Maybe I’m weird but after oiling the barrel. It was hard to put it back into the case. It seemed to need quite a few wipe downs and close inspections for any dust rust or other such things.

Ammo is still scarce and expensive so I’m not shooting as much as I’d like so I HAVE to give it some love at least once a month.

I will get out shooting soon. I haven’t even tried out the medium lever from Ranger Point.

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
You need to start reloading. Ammo supply is not going to get any better. The Democrat scum use back door tactics to disarm the Citizens. They can't stop gun sales, but they can, and do, restrict ammunition availability.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to start reloading. Ammo supply is not going to get any better. The Democrat scum use back door tactics to disarm the Citizens. They can't stop gun sales, but they can, and do, restrict ammunition availability.
Ya. I know you’re right. We shall see

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
I can't get enough of ogling my Marlins either. Sometimes I'll bring one out for a wipe down and decide to leave it beside the bed for a few days for "protection". I can pick it up every evening and wipe it down again, or just admire it leaning up against the wall. The 30TK is leaning against the wall now.

Maybe I have a problem........., maybe not an uncommon one tho...... ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have gun appreciation moments too. Lately it has been my new to me 1951 336A in 35 rem.
Also, a lever gun in your lap makes a western on tv just that much more enjoyable.
Lol. I used to sit on my motorcycle watching Sunday afternoon races. I never thought of the 1894 as a prop for watching westerns. I’ll have to try it.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
My wife looks at me and just shakes her head....... I just look surprised and say "What?" "The Duke might need some help in a minute." ;)

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Okay Elvis, time to see the shrink I think. LOL!! 😂 I've shot obsolete computer screens before & CPU'S (outside of course)

I feel a Thread drift here.^ my apologies for my part in it. 😞

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have gun appreciation moments too. Lately it has been my new to me 1951 336A in 35 rem.
Also, a lever gun in your lap makes a western on tv just that much more enjoyable.
Make sure it's unloaded, just in case you get a itch to shoot that outlaw that's getting away.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes, it's been a month since I shot my 1894c 357/38, but I had a lot of fun when I did. It was my first major CBA shoot.

Lately, prepping for the deer rifle season, every couple of days I step out the back door and hammer on the gongs 5 times with the 1894 44Mag.

Reactions: packard

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, it's been a month since I shot my 1894c 357/38, but I had a lot of fun when I did. It was my first major CBA shoot.

Lately, prepping for the deer rifle season, every couple of days I step out the back door and hammer on the gongs 5 times with the 1894 44Mag.
So jealous. I’d love to be able to shoot in my backyard. Although I’d need a lot more ammo. Lol

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Czy_Horse. Funny you should post this today. I have the .357 out right now for another wipe down and a session with my laser sight bullet. Quickly aiming at random things around the house is fun but more importantly useful to keep muscle memory alive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts