Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reside on the Space Coast, a little over 5 1/2 miles from the ocean with the Indian River, Merritt Island, the Banana River, and the ocean side Barrier Island.

We'all are all hoping to dodge the bullet, we sure would appreciate some prayers for the safety of those involved.

Thank you all, God bless!

AC ( AKA Gunscrewguy)

·
Registered
15,778 Posts
Hey AC, I moved up to Jax for work last year after 12 years in Melbourne and this makes me remember Faye and Michael paid us a visit, flooding John Rhodes blvd. and the Lamplighter 55+ neighborhood.
I think you’re going to make it through this one OK, by the looks of it so far, but there is still a whole lot of hurricane season left to go. I have been seeing reports of a repeat of the 2005 season, which was terrible.
Prayers out and up for you and yours,
R/Griff

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the prayers. It still has it's long journey to go, and my prayers for it's softer presentation.

AC

·
Super Moderator
11,683 Posts
Prayers sent AC! Sounds like you are prepared to ride it out. My buddy is in Melbourne and battening down the hatches. I'm in NE Florida about an hour from the beaches but storms always make me nervous. Will probably see a negative impact on my schedule tomorrow at work.

·
Registered
29,094 Posts
Prayers sent.
Us in Louisiana don't need another "RITA" coming at us! Katrina did more damage to Miss. eastwards then nu orleans, badly ran city is the reason it flooded! My two cents!

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
I am in the lower part of SC about 35 miles from and below Charleston and about 35 miles inland. I think the eye will miss us and we will catch the edge, so we should be ok. but man I hate these things, we will pray for all in its path,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
19,561 Posts
Already past us and needed north. Wasn't bad down here, even on the beaches! Looks like it's not gonna be nearly as bad as they though...thankfully!

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've been watching/tracking that storm as well - I have family and many friends in the Merritt Island/Coco Beach area. Prayers sent and they will continue. I dodged hurricanes from S. Texas to East Coast Florida for darn near 35 years - That's a BIG reason I now hang my hat in Tennessee! Besides, my Ex is in Florida! LOL!

WYT-P
Skyhunter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts