Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) Doesn't Want Them

Remington, one of the world’s largest gun manufacturers, will on Monday join Gov. Robert Bentley (R) to announce they are bringing over 2,000 jobs to Alabama.

Most of the jobs will be relocated from their Ilion, NY plant, and the initial investment in Alabama will be $87 million.

Founded in 1816 in upstate New York, the company is one of the nation’s oldest continuously operating manufacturers. Remington is the only U.S. manufacturer of both firearms and ammunition products and one of the largest domestic producers of shotguns and rifles.

Remington first began considering new locations after the New York legislature passed the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Act in response to the tragic shootings in Newtown, Conn. It broadened the definition of so-called “assault weapons” to include a wide range of guns, including the Bushmaster, which was being manufactured at Remington’s New York plant.

A month ago Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) said “extreme conservatives” who are “right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay,” have “no place in the state of New York.”

Gov. Bentley responded “In Alabama we strongly support and uphold our great U.S. Constitution on which our nation and our states were founded.

“The Constitution serves to protect individual freedoms. Among them are those guaranteed in the Second Amendment, which protects the right of the people to keep and bear Arms. We will protect the freedoms of individuals and welcome any one or any company to Alabama to discover as so many have, that we are a pro-business state filled with good, hardworking people.

“If Gov. Cuomo doesn’t want hard working pro-life and pro-2nd Amendment people in his state, we will gladly take them here in Alabama.”

Elections are a battle, Liberty is the war.

=============

·
Super Moderator
24,928 Posts
Yes it is true--first posting about this was a little more than a month ago.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
The Northeast is their own worst enemy.
I only wonder how long it will take for New Hampshire to
fall to the liberal communists.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The Northeast is their own worst enemy.
I only wonder how long it will take for New Hampshire to
fall to the liberal communists.
Our biggest problem is relocation of gun owners. States like NY and NJ are loosing gun owning residents faster than a 3 legged cat in a dog pound. They say they have had enough and go to Pa., Va., or the Carolina's. Then what have you got left? Voters who could care less about gun control. You need to stand fast and fight. I know it's not easy when your state is run by a bunch of Hippy's. I have lived in NJ my whole life. I thought about Pa. myself many times. Win or lose I will stay and fight. Many here in NJ say it's a lost cause. Well they have lost the battle already. There is not enough room in Alabama for all of us lol.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I absolutely agree with Cuomo, that's why I purchased stock in Remington. I want to help them move out of New York as quickly as possible. Good for Alabama. Once New York's tax base has left the state, and Obumbler is gone, they will be one more faild liberal Rat state. With no one to bail them out, they will be shutting off the water service to empty residences and shut in business....baa..haha. ha. Hope our conservative friends can leave the stste before New York follows the path of Detroit.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I don't think there are enough pro gun voters to make a difference in these liberal states.
The politicians believe they are above the law and make laws that benefit themselves.
How people would turn around a situation like that in New York where they ban large
sodas is beyond me.
I'd leave and I'd leave ASAP because fighting the liberals once they have a majority
is just not possible.
If you have a majority then you have a slim chance but you will always be fighting
City Hall and they have the advantage of using your money to fight you.
It's good that you stick it out, I can't say I'd do the same.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Our biggest problem is relocation of gun owners. States like NY and NJ are loosing gun owning residents faster than a 3 legged cat in a dog pound. They say they have had enough and go to Pa., Va., or the Carolina's. Then what have you got left? Voters who could care less about gun control. You need to stand fast and fight. I know it's not easy when your state is run by a bunch of Hippy's. I have lived in NJ my whole life. I thought about Pa. myself many times. Win or lose I will stay and fight. Many here in NJ say it's a lost cause. Well they have lost the battle already. There is not enough room in Alabama for all of us lol.
Not to worry, Georgia can take everything Alabama can't so come on down! :top:

·
Registered
617 Posts
I actually went through this same circumstance; Due to business and family obligations, I was living in a very liberal state where the personal freedoms were continually being eroded...especially toward firearms and their use. I believed I could stick it out and help fix the problems, but after looking back over the previous twenty years, I found that the downward spiral was something that just couldn't be stopped. It's a matter of mathematics; no matter how many conservative patriots stay, or move into, certain areas, if those same areas have major urban centers with allot of free services, many more liberal idiots will stay and keep arriving. I finally realized that my family came first, and that they need to grow up and live with the freedoms enjoyed by those who live in a state with true American values....so I made a plan and moved everyone to another state. Was difficult at first, but it was worth it. We are becoming a polarized country, but at least we still have many choices where we can live and are free to move away from people and places that fail to uphold and defend the Constitution.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
True Remington is not moving everything today. Which is all a politician
cares about, is today.
They might eventually move everything but that would mean closing down and
losing profits. It's better to move slowly and do it right if it works out in the
State they are moving to.
I expect more and more gun companies to bail on these arrogant States
that demonize the products they make.

·
Super Moderator
24,928 Posts
Hey Stevo--I voted with my feet. I saw what was happeneing to my formerly beloved WA state in bits and pieces when on leave during my Army days. Instead of viewing the state disintergrate into liberality a little at a time like my relatives who live there--I saw the state in a "Snapshot" manner. Usually I visited there every 3-4 years and saw the changes immediately. Much different than going through them gradually--much more obvious and painful. There was NO WAY I was going back there after retirement--Virginia became my home and I don't miss the Evergreen State one bit. There comes a point in time where the deck is stacked against you--in WA state, its the loonies living in the Puget Sound Area. They have overwhelmed the state in sheer numbers alone. I know when its time to get off a sinking ship--it was time to look for greener pastures. I like my new state of residence--lower taxes, lower crime, infastructure is in better shape, and it is very gun friendly. I hope things work out for you Stevo--I really do--but I would have a plan B just in case.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have a similar but opposite dilemma. I live in the great free state of Texas. However, 2 of my three sons live in Boulder Colorado. My wife and I are considering moving up their to finish out our retirement and be near the boys. But after seeing what is going on in Colorado, I am afraid it may be a backward move. It might be tolerable now, but who knows how it will all shake out in a few more years; especially if the left retains power after 2016.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
As a native New Yorker I can attest to this statement being true. Andrew Cuomo past the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (SAFE) Act in the middle of the night bypassing the required three day comment period and turned numerous law abiding gun owners into criminals overnight. All legally owned pre-ban magazines are now illegal and they had to be sold, turned in to the state police, or rendered inoperable. Anyone who has an AR 15, rifle, or shotgun deemed being an assault weapon and wants to keep it must register them with the state police. The state police will determine if you are eligible to keep your firearm and we know this will eventually lead to confiscation. To add insult to injury, no one living in the communist state of New York is allowed to purchase ammo on line and everyone must go through a background check when purchasing ammo at a local gun store.

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
When it comes to the Gov of New York I'd like to omit the auto correct on cusswords for a day. But then we are still a family oriented forum.

I still don't like the anti 2nd Amendment +_)(_()&_(&))(&*^) nuff said.

I do wonder what NY will do when all the businesses they are taxing out of existence finally move?

Consider how many work for the govt soully paid for by taxes, tax collectors, trash collectors, police (state, city, county) teachers, politicians, sewage workers. All and many more getting wages from taxes on it's citizens.

Now consider all that do not work producing products that will sustain their wages, waiters, cooks, restaurant crew people, chain store workers such as Wal Mart, K Mart ect.

Consider in this country 57,000,000 on food stamps.

54,000,000 on social security.

228,000,000 of working ages.

The number of people in the US military.

Sustainable wage jobs are shipped off to Communist China, and idiots like Gov of NY are sending 2000 sustainable product jobs out of the state.

So if you get it right all the folks other than sustainable product workers like guns, and autos are buying all the products from Communist China to keep their country going?

Then who is eating at them restaurants that have a sustainable income?

Oh well what a web we weave.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
I know I'm trying to Get Out of here (NY) as Quick as I Can!!!!

What's the sense of me holding my ground here when I can't stand it here? Taxes are INSANE and the gun laws are just getting Worse by the minute it seems!???

Nope when I'm all loaded in a movin truck, I won't be able to put NY in my rear view quick enuff!

Who wants a new gun (Me & My Dad) owner to move in near them? Raise your hand!

I Promise to leave Any/All Dumb Laws behind me!

I just want to live in peace with My Guns & Rights!!!!

BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I know I'm trying to Get Out of here (NY) as Quick as I Can!!!!

What's the sense of me holding my ground here when I can't stand it here? Taxes are INSANE and the gun laws are just getting Worse by the minute it seems!???

Nope when I'm all loaded in a movin truck, I won't be able to put NY in my rear view quick enuff!

Who wants a new gun (Me & My Dad) owner to move in near them? Raise your hand!

I Promise to leave Any/All Dumb Laws behind me!

I just want to live in peace with My Guns & Rights!!!!

BloodGroove4570

Come on down BG. Be glad to have you as a neighbor.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts