Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Re: Is this the "New" Marlin Firearms Company???

Somebody posted that here earlier in the week. I believe the actual buyer did, don't remember the username or thread location.

·
Registered
421 Posts

Wow!

·
Registered
846 Posts

Ya WOW! Remington has a chance to turn this around! will they??????

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts

I'm too flabbergasted to even comment. :'(

·
Registered
182 Posts

Disappointed but not surprised given what we've seen in some other product lines. Disturbed because now its starting to show up on other forums and you know the word will start spreading among the non-Marlin-addicted gun folks. Remarlington needs to get the ship righted and quick or they're going to ruin Marlin's reputation with the public at large and then it really will be over.

·
Banned
94 Posts

I can't believe those pictures. I can't believe any self respecting human being would allow something so obviously beat up leave the factory. I recently sent a brand new 1895 GS back and was told it was intentional sabotage by an employee one week before the factory closing. When and where was this rifle produced? If it was just before the closing it may be understandable, if it came from Illion, it's over folks, what's the excuse this time. Rem/Marlin has given NIB a completely new meaning. I won't buy a new Marlin ever again until this mess is sorted out. They've got me by the short ones with the rifle I sent back so on Monday I will request a complete refund on my NIB guide gun, period!!!
Heavybullets

·
Premium Member
10,955 Posts

heavybullets said:
I can't believe those pictures. I can't believe any self respecting human being would allow something so obviously beat up leave the factory. I recently sent a brand new 1895 GS back and was told it was intentional sabotage by an employee one week before the factory closing. When and where was this rifle produced? If it was just before the closing it may be understandable, if it came from Illion, it's over folks, what's the excuse this time. Rem/Marlin has given NIB a completely new meaning. I won't buy a new Marlin ever again until this mess is sorted out. They've got me by the short ones with the rifle I sent back so on Monday I will request a complete refund on my NIB guide gun, period!!!
Heavybullets
Intentional sabotage??......................That's just plain BS!.............Remington's new mfg process allows 135 seconds among 6 workers to build a rifle!

I know, and worked with the people that built North Haven Marlins!.......Those people were proud of their skills and had integrity in how the performed their job!....................

Intentional Sabotage???.......................That's Remington trying to "Shift The Blame!..................

One day, I pointed out an error in a build sheet that a Remington Manager had written.............he allowed I was correct, and he'd made an error.................He also stated, and I quote him....."I'll never go down the river by myself".........I never trusted that man again.....................

Tom

·
Registered
2,738 Posts

I am starting to think that all these problems are not "accidents" . My 14 and 15 year old sons would have done a much better job. And me being the dad( quality control) I would not let my kids do a job that bad. They would have had to fix it before the gun left my house.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts

I would expect better build quality out of a $100 surplus Russian Mosin-Nagant, made under wartime pressures by commie "masses."

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts

I wonder if Remington is still trying to create the 2 minute assemble time gun and this is the result? It could explain a lot if they are being rushed way too much on an assembly line.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts

Makes me wonder, if the employees making these rifles are paid somewhere around $30/hr, and there are 6 of 'em working on the rifle, that's $180/hr, or $3/min of build time. If I were in the market for a new Marlin, I'd gladly pay an extra $3 to give them another minute to build it without taking a jackhammer to it. Heck, I'd even be willing to spend an extra $9 to give them a whole 5 minutes to build my rifle ::)

·
Registered
6,670 Posts

miatakix said:
Makes me wonder, if the employees making these rifles are paid somewhere around $30/hr, and there are 6 of 'em working on the rifle, that's $180/hr, or $3/min of build time. If I were in the market for a new Marlin, I'd gladly pay an extra $3 to give them another minute to build it without taking a jackhammer to it. Heck, I'd even be willing to spend an extra $9 to give them a whole 5 minutes to build my rifle ::)
From what I've heard on here, one of the reasons that Remington shut down Marlin and moved production to Ilion was so that they could hire unskilled labor to build Marlins. The wages that were offered to former Marlin employees to move to Ilion were a lot lower than they had been earning.

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts

Oh, right, unskilled labor, that would explain a lot.

Makes me wonder, if these unskilled workers start figuring things out such that become skilled, does Remington plan to fire them and start the process over again?

Guess it's all just speculation on my part.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts