Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
The metal looks as if it was contaminated, bottom of the barrel, so to speak, but I don't think that it would be a big deal. Just as long as it functions as it should function. There are no safety issues with the lever. In other words, Marlin could make levers out of plastic if the action worked smooth enough and wear wasn't an issue, in my opinion.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dustysa4 said:
Picked up a new 336A last week. When I did a basic cleaning of the gun I noticed some pretty rough surfaces, along with some areas that seem to have plating coming apart. I'm definitely not an expert, but is this what the lever looks like on yours?

http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n619/dustysa4/Marlin%20Lever/

Thanks for any help putting my mind at ease.
That's normal. It's from the heat treat. They don't worry about it because it's inside the gun. Yours looks pretty good. Some are worse and some show no scale at all. We delt with it on an individual basis. If the person did not like it and felt something was wrong we would give him a cleaned up lever. Most people didn't care after we explained why it was there and what it was from.

·
Registered
158 Posts
xbones88 said:
Marlin could make levers out of plastic if the action worked smooth enough and wear wasn't an issue, in my opinion.
Don't give them any ideas :-X :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts