Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a pre-safety 1894c on gunbroker for ~$800. It is 98%-99% looking, but still it seems a tad steep to me. Do you all think that it is a fair price?

If not, what is a fair price and do you think I would have any luck if I waited till the auction ended and then called the seller with an offer?

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I think it's a lot high, but then I've been told that I'm tight with money. You can get a new one a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I would say your "Tad" is a mighty fine strapping lad if you call that just a tad high.
Another member here (5wire) has a nice assessment on the 1894C prices that he gets
posted in most threads like yours asking about their fair prices. I think this is a link to
the most recent that includes 5wire's reply
http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,92008.0.html

I would expect you could get quite a good used & not just 'a new one a lot cheaper.'

As for calling after, ???.
Technically, that would be a breach of Gunbroker's agreement with the seller. :-X

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
peacem8kers said:
As for calling after, ???.
Technically, that would be a breach of Gunbroker's agreement with the seller. :-X
Thanks for the link!

Ooh, I didn't think about the breach of contract. I suppose I could just call and ask if they have ANY 1894c's. And if they do, would he be willing to negotiate on the price! ;)

I'm glad my assessment was accurate at least $800 is too much...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts