Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
think i need to learn how to insert pics!!

Reactions: -69.55

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's a good catch sergeant69.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
LOL I'd forgotten about those.

Reactions: Chef Duane

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Cool pics of those cats!

Reactions: -69.55

·
Registered
93 Posts
Definitely a bobcat.
I'm familiar with the hindmost portion of a bobcat. In the late 70's, I was deer hunting at the Clarksville,TN drag strip. A friend lived on the property and had abandoned an old camper there. The door was standing open and, I stepped in. I walked into the area where his bed was and heard a phssshh and felt something rub the inside of both my legs. I turned and looked toward the door and saw a bobcat running wide open for the woods across the road.
I quickly developed a laundry problem and had to go home as soon as I could quit shaking.
I never went inside that trailer again and, I have serious doubts as to whether or not that bobcat ever slept there again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had a trail cam at the edge of my yard for many years but have never caught a bear or a bobcat on film. My Dad just brought back the SD card and I found this image. Not the easiest to interpret, I'd have preferred a better shot, but I see a short stubby tail and some spotting. Looks way too big to be a domestic cat, and I'm positive it is not a coyote (which is the only other wild animal of that size/shape in the area. What do you all say? Thanks! View attachment 821730
Yes probably a big male.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts