Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I visit "Collector's Firearms" and have bought a number if firearms from them. They are a very honest place to buy stuff from although their prices will normally be right at retail prices(not Cheap)but fair. C.F. has more guns on display than a lot of gun shows from the most rare and antique to the most modern of firearms. Good place to do business with, but not many of them basement bargin specials.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
First giveaway that this is not a lightweight 1895 is the buttplate. No Crescents on the lightweights. They had hard rubber shotgun buttplates. The other features are the bolt and lever, but neither can be seen unless the lever and bolt are open.
Collectors Firearms does seem to get more than their share of interesting guns, but whoever posts some of them gets the info wrong on occasion. I've seen Marlins with what is obviously not factory checkering, (or some other non factory feature) listed as factory. They do a better job than many, but still make some errors.

·
Banned
393 Posts
I checked the serial # thru the collector's ass'n & this gun does not letter.
The barrel has been cut & it letters for a full mag not a half mag. I have
bought several guns from Collectors firearms over the years & usually
you pay retail for their guns. I always ask for Mike Clark (the owner)
& usually I get a better price when dealing with him. You do have to be
careful with them just like any other dealer but they will help you out
if mistake is on their part. However I have seen them advertise some guns as original when they are not. Use caution when dealing with them
& insist upon a 3 day inspection period.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts