Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a good shooter in the xs7 308. I would like to get rid of some of the creep in the trigger. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
jim <")))><

·
Registered
28 Posts
got the same thing on mine, rifle shoots great as is but its annoying off the bench because i know when the things gonna go off

·
Registered
386 Posts
My XS had some creep, but after dry firing it a while it seems to have tightened up. Or it could just be my imagination but it sure doesn't creep like it used to.

·
Registered
869 Posts
To Reasons why The trigger creeps on a Marlin #1 The Trigger is loose on the action #2 the sear and release is cut canted .
The first one is fast tighten the screws the second you will need to rework them . Hope this helps DD

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thnx for the replies. DD i'm gonna try to work on that thing to relieve a little of the creep. I'll have to make it a rainey day project. Right now the crappie are calling my name and the weather is beautiful.
Thanks again <")))><

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
DD, was watching this thread and wanted to break in and say thanks also. had a bit of creep(not a lot just a touch) i found that the whole trigger housing was lose, but i took it off and took a quick look, put it back on and its gone. do you work over the sears on your rifles? if you do how do you get to the sears? well thanks again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rain and wind made it an easy time to work on the trigger. Yes, the trigger housing was a bit loose on the action. Took it out and checked it over. Sear and trigger were square with each other. :) Sprayed the sear and trigger surfaces with DRY MOLLY LUBE, DRY FIRED IT NUMEROUS TIMES, RESPRAYED WITH LUBE. Shazam, shazam. No more creep. Crisp, clean, 3 lb trigger pull. That molly lube is some good stuff. Might work on yours.
Jim <>)))><

·
Registered
38 Posts
stupid question but could i use my hornady case lube to lube my trigger? it dries in a minute and is in spray form. or do i need to get something more specific?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not certain about the case lube, but I can recommend the dry molly lube. It's good where any two pieces of metal join and calls for some sort of lube. I find that there is always some place that it can be used on a firearm. It's kinda my go to lube.........<")))><

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Xl7 had some creep to it as well. Both screws holding the trigger housing were loose. The screw holding the magwell was also loose.

Ya, It's a REM Manufactured 30-06. Tightening the screws got rid of the creep.

Brett

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dangerous Dan - with regard to the fellow going crappie fishing...here's a thought.
Come December 2011, while you're enjoying a roaring fire, sipping an adult libation - he just
MIGHT still be cutting his grass. I live in South Florida and believe me it is a DISTINCT possibilty.
Regards, Homesteader.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts