Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my 1st post so please be gentle.
I am selling a couple of guns that don't get used so I can fund the purchase of a Marlin 1895 CB .45-70.
I'm in AB, Canada and I asked a question on a hunting forum about the CB .45-70 and was told they are'nt being made since Remlin but might be reintroduced. A guy on the forum is holding a lightly used one for me until I sell the other guns.
Is this true? I know they are advertised on Marlins' website, but I've been told they are'nt actually made. I can't find one in stock anywhere in Canada(inc Cabelas).
Before I give this guy more than new price, I just want to check if I should be ordering one from an importer(there are dealers here who specialize in bringing guns up).
So are they still made, and are they better than a 10 yr old one that has shot less than 20 shells?
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Welcome migrant hunter, That's an easy question to answer. I would definatly pick up the JM with less than 20 rds fired. It will hold it's value better, and will no doubt be built better. I have heard that Cabela's is selling new Cowboys, but you can bet they are not better than a JM. Another member on here just got a 18 1/2 inch barrel Cowboy from Cabela's that looked OK, but I prefer the longer barrel myself. Go get the JM and don't look back, you won't regret it.
JB

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello,
I am also living in Canada and looking for a 26" long barreled CB in 45-70..
The original question asked was:

Is the 26" CB 1895 being made right now?

That question was not answered..
My question is the same..

Are the 26" CB 1895 being made right now?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
I don't think it is, but they ARE producing a Limited edition for Cabellas with a 18"bbl which is octagon shaped. Bruiser and another member here have them and say they are very nicely put together.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
I agree. I don't think that they are being made right now. There are
many JM cowboys on gunbroker most are the 26 inch. The prices very on condition, but most look to be very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Outdoor Forums

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yep I looked on GB also and all I saw was the JM models..
Won't mind having a Cabela's 18" bbl Model but Cabela's Canadian doesn't list any on their website..
Will give them a call Monday and see if they plan on importing some short bbl CB in the future..
Thanks for your replies..

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you have a Cabela's nearby I would call them and see if they can get one shipped to them. I know I had one shipped to the Wheeling WV store, unsure of the whole border crossing thing though. I am very happy with mine. After a couple of months of searching for a reasonably priced CB I am proud to own a Remington made Marlin 1895CBA. It is a very nice gun, short and lightweight [at least until I put a handful of Leverevolutions in it]. The only issue I have is the edges on the lever are sharp, a big loop lever will cure that though. My scope should be here tomorrow so hopefully I can get that mounted and shoot it this weekend along with the 444.

Attachments

Reactions: CPL Lou

·
Registered
82 Posts
wannaBelkhunting,

I e-mailed Cabela's Canadian and this was their reply:

"No word yet on when or if we will be carrying these. If we do bring them in, they will be listed on our new products section, you can keep an eye out there for that or other new firearms that will be offered soon."

I don't think so..
If I check their website daily I will be broke inside a month!
LOL

Importing from the states can be done through a Canadian dealer who is set up to do such things however it is costly..
I used to do that when the import price was $200.00 / rifle but have heard the the price has gone up to $300.00 ..
No thank you..
Anyway enjoy your new short barreled CB..
Looks like it will a handy hunting rifle..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.