Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Anna its like this see, I got a problem with critters coming up from the pond at night & tearing up my garbage. Now I know they gotta eat but picking up the trash from all over the front yard on my way to work just ruins my hole day if you understand. So I borrowed a have a heart trap, the one that catches them alive so you can let them go somewhere else or just drop it in a barrel of water for a more permanent solution.
This morning I found a guilty perpertrator trapped. This one was a skunk & since I had to go to work & he wasn't going anywhere I warned the wife & kids & went on my way intending to fix his fanny after work.
Well the little woman done me a big favor & set it free for me, right there in the front yard. :shock: Now I'm not sure if she doesn't get the concept or she likes the little buggers a bit more than normal.
What do you think, is she a closet greeny?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sorry that you're having such a problem with the critters, Ken,
but I don't think that Trish is a 'closet tree-hugger'!! :shock:
She probably didn't fully understand the 'have-a-heart' trap;
but that's probably due to the fact that you only told her the
very basics, i.e., "there's a skunk caught in the trap out front"!

You really need to give Trish some credit; if she weren't such
a good cook, the critters wouldn't be having a midnight snack
in your front yard!! :lol: I also think you deserve an 'atta boy'
for picking up the trash strewn all over your yard, although......
maybe if you left the trash there for 2-3 days, it might drive the
critters away, depending on their ranking on the 'critter socialite
scale'! If they're of a mid-to-upper class family they probably
won't enjoy dining in filth!! :wink:

Annabelle

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anna,

Sure good to see your furry face around & I sure hope your feeling better. :D

So far I got in my critter trap a skunk, a possum, 3 squirrels, a racoon & a rat. My wife set the aforementioned skunk go along with the possum. The squirrels were cought by the boys & I let them go.
The racoon & rat met a different sort of fate.
I attached a pic of the ****. He didn't fare so well with a big hole going thru him & is now food himself for the critters or maybe he will be a deterrent to other misguided fur bearers.

The rat shared his fate, albeit with a smaller hole as the pellet gun worked on him but not the racoon who required an arrow. I have no photografic record of the rat but take my word for it, he chews trash no more. :D
As far as my wife I'm at a bit of a loss but since she sleeps till at least sunrise its easy enuff for me to take care of buisness.

On a civilized note, me & the boys went exploring along an old railroad grade & found some cool old cow tunnels built to keep the cows from being burgerized by the trains. While a bit over grown they are in pretty good shape considering theyre about 150 years old.

Later & take care of yourself Anna. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts