Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On another website I read that Marlin may discontinue the 39AS in 2006. Wouldn't surprise me as I suppose they face a lot of competition from the far cheaper Henry .22's, not that the Henry is anywhere close to the Marlin's quality. If they do discontinue it, it would be the first time in about 110 years they were not making a lever .22 (except during WWII).

:(

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
One of the contributors here put the question directly to the people at Marlin, and the answer was a resounding "NO"! There are no plans to drop the 39-A... I believe this was posted in either late Dec. or early Jan...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
528 Posts
The funny thing is,if they were going to there would be a mad rush to buy one.Have you looked at the Win. 9422 since the annoncement to drop it,they probibly sold as many since that came out as they over the last 5 years combined.If we are true Marlin fans we would not even consider the other brands even if they are cheaper.I for one want quallity for my buck.I have 6 mdl. 39A's and would not even consider another brand.The best part is they are made in the U S A .We all should shop quallity and not price,buy American,remember you get what you pay for.I know some of the others are made or claim to be made here also.I still think Marlin gives much better bang for the buck!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
A few of the other shooters at my club have Marlin semi-autos, and whilst they think they are OK, they usually like to have a go with my 39a.
It’s 25 years old now, and still shoots good little groups with the right ammo’, and when I load up 19 rds into the mag and blast ‘em off downrange it really makes them turn green with envy. 8)
Why would anyone want to stop making such a great little rifle????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts