Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Marlin factory is up and running and producing rifles again? I am hoping that the quality improvements that I saw in guns manufactured late 2018 and 2019 will continue post Covid-19. If anyone has seen new rifles (specifically Model 1894 chambered in .357) please give us a review. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't know the current status of the factory, but the Marlin website still shows several models of the 1894 in .357. It's a little confusing since at the bottom of the 1894 page they list the features of the model and say Calibers available in .44 Mag. and .45 Colt. No mention of .38, or .357.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I saw on a gun forum last week where the Governor shut down Remington. Not sure if it was old news or current.

Reactions: rob42049

·
Registered
692 Posts
I saw on a gun forum last week where the Governor shut down Remington. Not sure if it was old news or current.
Old news. Cuomo had shut down most all manufacturing in NY state over reacting to all the Covid 19 cases in New York city. Manufacturing in upstate New York has resumed. I have a Marlin 1895 ordered from Turnbull Restoration, also in NY state, and have been in contact with them. They reopened about two weeks ago, have ordered guns from Marlin, and are waiting for shipment.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It is but Remington is filing for bankrupcy (again) and might be under new ownership soon.

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local/remington-arms-preparing-to-file-for-bankruptcy-in-talks-for-sale-to-navajo-nation/article_4da222d5-8a98-5843-97d0-07c4e14cb917.html

Remington Arms Co., America's oldest gun maker, is preparing to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection that could come as early as Sunday night and is in advanced talks for a sale to the Navajo Nation, according to a source familiar with the matter
https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/update-remington-bankruptcy/378585

Last weekend, after word that the Navajo Nation might purchase Remington Arms Co. hit the national news, President Jonathan Nez confirmed to the Navajo Times that the $300 million “Remington proposal” was again on the table.
https://navajotimes.com/rezpolitics/lizer-voted-for-300m-investment-in-company-that-may-be-remington/

The post dispatch article says the Navajo Nation tried to buy Remington in 2018 and "would transform the company by dropping assault-style weapons and focusing instead on hunting firearms for consumers, sales to law enforcement and smart gun technology". If they did the "hunting firearms for consumers" might be good for Marlin. Hell can't be anyworse then Cerberus...

Reactions: Cowboy23*

·
Registered
844 Posts
If I wanted a new firearm Marlin or otherwise and could find it, I would purchase it soon. If the election goes the wrong way, I suspect changes in product liability and other laws will make it financially difficult to stay in the sporting firearms business. I also suspect taxes on firearms and ammo will increase and that increase will not be going to your state wildlife resources commission.

I was in Academy here in town yesterday and talked to the clerk behind the gun counter. He said they had less than 10% of their normal firearms inventory.

The violence in our cities continues. The threat to firearms ownership is only one symptom of what is going wrong here.

IMHO, you do not need a crystal ball to figure out what is going to happen if the liberals take over in November.

I will not say what I think of a firearms owner who does not vote in the upcoming elections.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I just bought one of the new marlin model .444 last year.

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
If Liberals go after guns without majorities they will back door as much as they can. They will come up with all kinds of hoops to jump through to buy and sell firearms. There is much they can do without outlawing sales or ownership. If they would get a flat out majority it wouldn’t surprise me to see door to door investigation.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I wander more if Customer Service is running. I need a part for a 795. Anyone ever order parts? Difficult Process?

I have zero interest in a new "Marlin" at all. To me the Company died long ago. I have to wander if the Marlin brand will even the will carry on anyway after the current Bankruptcy happens.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
If Liberals go after guns without majorities they will back door as much as they can. They will come up with all kinds of hoops to jump through to buy and sell firearms. There is much they can do without outlawing sales or ownership. If they would get a flat out majority it wouldn’t surprise me to see door to door investigation.
They have no shame in committing underhanded dirty tricks that are criminal in all respects and perpetrated on Law Abiding Citizens who have no records. There are many in Congress as we speak who really need to have their security clearances revoked immediately. This should be done right now and in doing so would most likely remove 75% of Dems from Congress.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts