Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
After reading this thread I think i'll skip my intention of buying a Henry 45-70. Why? The barrels come off the line, surely a guy looks at it, its obviously wrong, he doesnt care, throws it on the rifle, packs it in the box and Bye. Really? What kind of an attitude is that? "Made in America or not made at all" is supposed to instill some confidence, dont you think?

Im tired of issues ive had on other guns requiring send-backs. I agree with the poster above that its useless to judge a company by how they handle a return vs. quality control and standard inspections before an item leaves the factory. If they think so low of the end user, who needs them? Its hard enough fighting to earn the money to buy in the first place.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My henry Golden Boy shoots well. I am pleased. It is not as accurate or good looking as my 39A, but then nothing is... (y)

I have always found the CF Henry guns were more expensive and not as well finished as a nice used Marlin, so I cannot speak to those.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wonder if Ruger will all make us proud of what they do with their versions of the Marlin leverguns? Hope they're at least as purdy as when the JM company had them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wonder if Ruger will all make us proud of what they do with their versions of the Marlin leverguns? Hope they're at least as purdy as when the JM company had them.
I highly doubt the finish will be improved on the Ruglins. Ruger makes functional firearms with almost no aesthetics. They pay their finishing people barely above minimum wage, and it shows. The grainy and rough finish on my 1894 Remlin was well up to Ruger standards.

·
Registered
440 Posts
After reading this thread I think i'll skip my intention of buying a Henry 45-70. Why? The barrels come off the line, surely a guy looks at it, its obviously wrong, he doesnt care, throws it on the rifle, packs it in the box and Bye. Really? What kind of an attitude is that? "Made in America or not made at all" is supposed to instill some confidence, dont you think?

Im tired of issues ive had on other guns requiring send-backs. I agree with the poster above that its useless to judge a company by how they handle a return vs. quality control and standard inspections before an item leaves the factory. If they think so low of the end user, who needs them? Its hard enough fighting to earn the money to buy in the first place.
All I can say is, "Your loss, brother."

21 - 27 of 27 Posts