Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or do a lot of us have to relieve themselves late at night to get the dogs to do their job? The bed time potty break is the worst. Sometimes when it is raining (good grief) but late at night my girls, all three, are more interested in looking and listening for the boogeyman than squatting. About the only thing that will break their concentration is for them to see me do it and the power of suggestion takes over.

Thank goodness I live in the country with woods between my lot and any nearby neighbors. And the driveway is gravel. :flute:

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
Now that's funny!...........I thought maybe it was just me and Lucy that had that routine down. Sometimes all those smells they can't get from inside the house just overwhelms their senses, and they forget what they came outside to do. Other times it seems as though she's in a trance, and then finally hears my voice and goes, "Oh, yeah, I'll get right to it!" Funny little creatures.

Reactions: BFPGW

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Ill tell you all how to fix the problem. Make the dogs sleep OUTSIDE like the good lord intended! When dogs start buildin' houses,they can live inside. I'm sorry but I just don't consider animals part of the family. Some of the family may be animals though(wife's side). If you have to pee in front of them to make them go, I hope you don't start to breed them. lol.

·
Registered
639 Posts
O.K. Macoz !!

I have wrote two post to reply to your statement but thought better then to post them in respect to the other members/Mods. of this forum..

I personally think "Dogs" are a gift from GOD to us humans.. We "as humans" don't really deserve the undying loylity, respect, attention, and love they give us without asking "Even to their death" with so little in return.

Much like GOD himself..... We don't deserve HIS love and grace, but HE gives it freely anyway !!

But, everyone is allowed their opinion.

As far as the breeding part of your post/statement. I fail to find any humor in that, in any way!! And that's MY opinion !!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Dog is god spelled backwards. My dog forgets what we're out there for sometimes. So I ask her, you gonna pee or what? She usually does pretty quick. I used to worry about her only going when I did because it seemed like that was happening. When she started standing on her hind legs and trying to look casual, all nonchalant and unconcerned I knew that it was going too far. Dogs left out alone around here at night get eaten. In fact, the original Peewee got snatched right off the street between his home and the post office (one block) in broad daylight a few years back. Folks around here still talk about that.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Part of the problem may be that we used that method to teach our pups why they were being taken out when young. Since my wife wasn't going to do it.....

They have no trouble any time of the day. Just before bed. They are very protective at heart but are not fighters. They tell us when something is going on outside. But when I grab the flashlight and head for the door they huddle behind me, not in front of me. :)

The girls are viszlas. Bred and held inside the country in Hungary 1400 years ago for hunting upland as well as deer and boar. Only due to WWII did they begin to be taken out of the country. They wanted relentless hunters with great noses that stayed indoors. With a short coat and single layer of fur, unlike most dogs, they can't be left outdoors. If they were their hearts would literally break. They are like having three year old granddaughters visit. And who wouldn't let their granddaughters sleep with them? LOL

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Maybe we're lucky, but our dogs will pretty much pee on command when ya' tell 'em to... :biggrin:

Reactions: vrkar10 and BFPGW

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
BFPGW, I can`t help myself but I have to ask, "What do you do if they have to take a crap?":biggrin: 444

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL. It would seem, with girls at least, number 1 is subjective. Number 2 is objective.

Reactions: Mr.TreeRat

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
I am lucky .I have a large fenced in yard.My dogs let me know when they want to go out and come it.But if they wanted me to go out and join em I wouldn't mind.They do just about every other thing with me.LOL!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Well it worked for many other things :hmmmm: but when I run a tub of water and get in & out time and time again :marchmellow:, my dog will look at me :ahhhhh: and it is apparent that he is either thinking NO WAY I'M doing that on my own :vollkommenauf: . OR, you are really dumber than I thought you were, thinking I am going to fall for that ONE :questionmark: :shot: :congrats:

·
Registered
11,347 Posts
Yrs ago I had a Boxer that would just walk into the shower, as I was taking a bath, cleanest dog that ever owned me.:)

Reactions: BFPGW

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Two of our three would get in the tub with my wife if she let them. The oldest took showers with me from 8 weeks old. We had to quit that when she started to want to get out before I was done. Ever towel dry an entire bathroom? It isn't fun. :(

·
Registered
931 Posts
Two of our three would get in the tub with my wife if she let them. The oldest took showers with me from 8 weeks old. We had to quit that when she started to want to get out before I was done. Ever towel dry an entire bathroom? It isn't fun. :(
Yeah, it isn't the soap and water so much as the dang hair stuck to floor walls and ceiling. Once.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts