Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or did dies go up about 5 bucks or so in the last year? Is it just Midway USA listing Lee dies as 5 bucks more expensive than 5 years ago, or have they really gone up a dollar every year?

·
Registered
17,013 Posts
When I was a boy,Chesterfields were 19 cents a pack. Dad would send us to the store with 20 cents,and we got to keep that penny.

Rob

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
my first set of new RCBS dies cost me a whopping $12.00
and powder was average $4.50 per pound (primers were .69 cents a hundred)
sounds like a bargain today but they were just as hard to pay for then as they are now

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
As the war profiteers ramp up supply for we the people, so shall the prices.
Everyone from the manufacturer on down wants their piece of the pie

·
Super Moderator
8,054 Posts
try titan reloading, they just had some sales in the past month or so on lee dies......but yes all things GUNs and AMMO have gone up considerably in the past 2 years.... Pard has it right, everyone wants there piece of the pie, but due to guvmnt taxes massive unemployment, the pie is getting smaller.

·
Premium Member
18,035 Posts
Supply and demand.

There are millions of new reloaders, and retailers can sell everything they make, at whatever price the market will bear.

·
Super Moderator
13,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys... shows just how bad I've been out of the loop in the last few years. I bought enough to last me in an emergency and closed up shop on shooting for a while... maybe one day things will ease up enough to where I can shoot a lot and feel confident that I can get what I need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts