Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm not sure where new prices are at Walmart, etc. I am wanting to buy a cheap truck gun and have an option on a $150 Remlin. I know there's no real right answer here, just looking for yall's un-restrained :biggrin: opinion on this as a possible choice. My thought was that if it checked out on a visual inspection, you almost cant go wrong....don't think you can buy anything these days for $150.

Thoughts?
Thx,
Tall

·
Registered
325 Posts
360 ish new at Walmart. At that price? If it shoots one shot and the rest don't feed, it's still a better feel than most cheap single shots and is classy. I'd take it, if you have any remlin problem, hell you start low so it takes some serious gun smithing work to even get you back to new price. Do it!

Reactions: Tall Pine

·
Super Moderator
13,983 Posts
My first question would be why would someone sell it for $150.00? It can't be that old of course so unless it was run over by a truck I think I would buy it. Of course if it looks good I might not unless I knew the person well.

·
Super Moderator
17,792 Posts
360 ish new at Walmart. At that price? If it shoots one shot and the rest don't feed, it's still a better feel than most cheap single shots and is classy. I'd take it, if you have any remlin problem, hell you start low so it takes some serious gun smithing work to even get you back to new price. Do it!
I Agree...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well if it checks out ok that’s about the right price for a remlin.:flute: First off why is it offered for that price? Is it one that’s been sent back a half dozen times for repair ? Barrel not straight or something besides the usual poor fitting wood? Check it over carefully, 150 doesn’t buy much anymore so you are not gambling that much money ! :biggrin:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I kinda know the seller so thats probably some of reason why he's cuttin me a deal.

Thanks already for the opinions. Ive already decided to get it if it seems functional. Heck I had my mind made up before posting, just needed a nudge.

I'll have to post pics if/when I get it. The wood stocks look strange to me. Really light in color, almost plasticy.

·
Registered
692 Posts
$150 would be the most I would pay for any Remlin in excellent condition. Something that has been rattling around in the bed of a pickup I'd have to have a little boot to take it off his hands.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear yah. I think it will work out well for me. Heres a pic of the victim. He said its a 336W and he bought it al Walmart. I might have to purdy them stocks up with some tung oil. They are lookin a little too plasticky for my taste.

Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Air gun

·
Registered
7,567 Posts
Fellas - He's not buying it from WalMart - just states that he doesn't know what the price on a new one would be (given that WM is likely to be the lowest price point around) - for that answer it is $396-$398 (was $387 just a few months ago but now going for $396-$398 [can't remember the exact price on the tag when I looked just other day).

Possible that he's buying from someone that doesn't know the value (or care) and thinks that sounds like a good price and would be easy to sell at that number (or just needs $150)?

If it belongs to an individual, see if you can meet with him at a local smith's shop and have the rifle looked over - otherwise sounds like a decent deal.

just my .02 -

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
Glad you're gettin' it, Tall!

Even if it's got problems, it'd be fun to tear apart, tinker with, and change.

By the way, I think the wood on those is birch that's painted to look walnut-y.

Have fun, man!

Brocky

·
Registered
3,383 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I agree with the others at that price I would have to buy it, if it has problems plenty of room to fix it up. The rifle in the picture looks good. I would have bought it at the first glance.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Most definitely get it at that price if it functions and shoots good I would buy it all day at that price!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.