Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm really not sure what part of...

I was standing there when the mechanic called about the part, and THE DEALERSHIP answered, he was on speaker phone. I listened to the conversation, I heard the parts man tell the mechanic the part was in stock, and the part was $52, and the mechanic repeated that price back to him.

I was standing there when the mechanic told the employee to go to THE DEALERSHIP and pick the part up, then stop and grab us all lunch at Whatta-Burger on the way back.

I was standing there when the employee walked in with the GM part from THE DEALERSHIP in one bag, and 5 cheeseburgers and fries, in the other bag.

After we ate our cheeseburgers and fries, I assisted the technician with removal of the radiator cowling and grille, to pull the driver's side headlight capsule, and replace the part, and I watched him take the NEW GM Part, out of the GM stamped bag, with the GM sticker, and the GM part number on it, and we put it in my vehicle.

The only SPECULATIVE part of the story, is your blatant and irrational attempt to make up excuses to defend the immoral pricing practices of the local dealership. It was NOT a take off part, it did NOT come out of a technician's stash, it did NOT come from a jobber's store. It was a GM Part, in a sealed GM Part bag, with a GM Part sticker on it, containing a GM Part number, and it was picked up at the same GM Parts counter that attempted to gouge me, and initiated this rant, with their immoral pricing practices.

At no time did I state, suggest, or in any way imply all dealerships charged this for the part, I only attempted to purchase it at one other GM dealership and I did not ask him what the part cost. I stated what my local Chevrolet dealership attempted to charge me, what they previously charged my mechanic, and what I could buy it for on Amazon. The fact that you keep trying to defend the thieves at my local dealership, with your contrived stories about the part being out of a technician's stash, about I don't know where the part came from because I don't have a receipt, about I need a part number to validate this part came from the dealership. And, deflecting from the price gouging truth here in, there has to be at least 3 middlemen between GM and the GM dealer, that's not profit margin that's markup, you could have simply replaced the one plug on the harness, amidst the assorted other excuses on the local dealership's behalf, does however in fact, cast a huge shadow on all dealerships' practices.

You keep inferring I don't understand, I don't know profit margin, I don't understand this, I don't understand that...

Let's start with this simple basic FACT, which was the point of this rant...

The GM Part in the GM stamped bag, with the GM Part sticker, with the GM part number on it, (that I didn't write down simply to satisfy your line of excuses in defense of the dealership), was sold to my mechanic by the local Chevrolet dealership for $52. (Which is a ridiculous price for this part in itself.)

The very same GM Part, in GM stamped bag, with GM Part sticker, with GM part number on it, over the counter at the same Chevrolet dealership, was quoted to me at $118.60.

Both were in GM stamped parts bags, both had GM Parts stickers on them, containing GM Part numbers, both came from the same GM dealership. There are no jobbers, no middlemen involved there... Please explain the local dealership's pricing practices, what ever you want to call them, in charging me the already established Profitable Price of $52, PLUS and additional $68.60 plus tax. That is wrong! Plain and simple. They are gouging the end consumer.

I don't care what you call it, I don't care how you try to defend it, I don't care how many middle men, how many jobbers, how many whatever YOU want to call them marking the price up are involved, there are none involved in that.

There is NO DAMN EXCUSE for a dealership charging me $120 for an asinine little part that he sold my mechanic for $52. NONE - ZERO - ZIP - NADA!!

You suggesting I could have simply changed one plug on the harness, does not change the fact that the dealership attempted to charge me $70 MORE, than the $52 he charged my mechanic. It in no way changes the fact, that the entire part can be purchased on Amazon for $20. Paying $9 for one plug is utterly ridiculous, when the complete harness (3 connectors, 2 twist in light sockets, and all connecting wire), can be purchased for $20.

You sitting here fabricating, contriving, making up, whatever YOU want to call it, excuses, lies, BS, whatever, in defense of the dealer's pricing practices, suggests quite obviously, that this practice is not limited explicitly to my local dealership. You seem to have a great deal of practice at it, or maybe you have been schooled or trained by GM to defend their honor, or something. I don't know. What I do know however, is... Nothing you have said, has done anything to rationalize the price the dealership attempted to charge me, over and above the price he charged my mechanic, let alone the price I bought the part for on Amazon. It really is that simple.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
That's why I buy my truck(s) built in Texas and get the factory 10 yr/ 125k warranty after which time I repeat and start over.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts